Puka Nacua has stepped away from football to focus on rehab, but there’s still a lot going on around him. A civil lawsuit is active, and the NFL is monitoring the situation as it develops. The Los Angeles Rams have voiced their support, but there are still questions about what this could mean moving forward.
Legal Case Looms as Puka Nacua Continues Rehab Program
McCathern told The California Post that Nacua had already been in treatment before the recent allegations surfaced. “He was in there a substantial period of time before any of these allegations broke . . . and he’s scheduled to be there for a while longer,” he said. The stated goal is “to improve his overall behavior in every aspect of his life that he can do it.”
The legal backdrop remains active. A woman filed a lawsuit accusing Nacua of biting her twice and making an antisemitic remark on New Year’s Eve. Nacua has denied those allegations “in the strongest terms,” and his legal team is preparing a defamation case.
The situation is also under review by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, which will determine whether criminal charges are warranted. There have also been concerning visuals tied to the timeline.
A video from New Year’s Eve showed Nacua asleep, possibly passed out, in a vehicle. Another clip from Super Bowl Sunday showed him stumbling. While none of this legally confirms anything, it adds context to the concerns about his behavior.
From a football standpoint, the expectation is that Nacua will complete the program in time for offseason work. McCathern stated he is expected to be ready for OTAs and added that Nacua is “in great spirits” and “doing absolutely fabulous.” The Rams have not issued an official statement on the development as of now.
Head coach Sean McVay had already addressed the situation earlier this week. “You guys know, I trust this kid’s heart,” McVay said.
“Love him, put your arm around him, want to continue to help him grow. And, really, get all the appropriate facts before I rush to judgment on that particular situation. But I will say, knowing this guy for three years, is I do trust his heart. I trust the human being. And I want to be able to put my arm around him.”
Reactions were immediate and direct on social media. The How About Those Chiefs X account posted: “Get the help you need.”
Get the help you need 🙏🏻 https://t.co/iCBpqjRc0C
— HBTC (@hbtCHIEFS) April 1, 2026
The Downtown Rams’ Alexis Kraft wrote: “i hope that he gets the help he needs.”
Sports content creator Brandon Carney posted: “Good for Puka. Jokes aside I’m glad he’s getting the help he needs.”
More voices echoed similar sentiments.
Former CFB player Ben Houselog said, “Hope he is good man addiction is no joke.”
Hope he is good man addiction is no joke https://t.co/ar7BMq3NiH
— Ben Houselog (@benlikessport) April 1, 2026
Filmmaker Randy Wilkins added, “Whoa. You could tell something was going on with him the way he was acting this season. I hope he finds good health and peace soon.”
Carter Donnick noted: “This is good news for him if it’s true, recognizing you need help and putting the ego aside to work to try and get there is always a really commendable thing – this is actually a really positive headline. Hopefully it gets him on the right track and he’s intentional about it.”
NFL insider John Frascella pointed out: “This Puka Nacua situation has gotten BAD.”
BE AN NFL GM: PFSN’s Ultimate GM Simulator
Dr. Jesse Morse added, “Happy to see that Puka Nacua is addressing his internal issues and searching for personal growth. He has the potential to be a top NFL WR for years to come but that’s only if he can keep himself out of trouble. Wishing him the best of luck on his journey.”
For now, this is where things stand. It’s an active situation involving legal review, league attention, and a player stepping away to seek help. Updates are expected as more details come in, but the immediate focus is on Nacua’s treatment and what comes next for both him and the Rams.

