The fantasy football playoffs are approaching quickly, and if your team looks as if it’s going to make them, then it’s likely because you have one of the handful of quality fantasy running backs. Week 11 helped ease some concerns with Ezekiel Elliott finally finding his way into the end zone and J.K. Dobbins getting the workload we expected when drafting him. It wasn’t all smooth sailing, though. Alvin Kamara, one of the top pass-catching RBs in the NFL, didn’t register a reception with Taysom Hill at QB, and Todd Gurley struggled every bit as much as the rest of the Falcons offense. Our Week 12 fantasy RB rankings will tell you all you need to know when setting your lineups.
Also, make sure to check out our Week 12 WR rankings.
What to keep in mind heading into Week 12 and searching for the best fantasy football running back
For the first time in a long time, you don’t have to worry about how byes will affect your fantasy football team. With a full roster of players to choose from, we understand that you’ll be checking for injuries, so we’ll update our rankings with any players who are unable to play in Week 12.
Fantasy RB Rankings Week 12: Sleepers, must-starts, potential busts
Note: Please keep in mind that these are PPR RB rankings. PPR in fantasy means that a running back gets an additional full point for each reception. This can play a big factor when deciding which players to put into your lineups and makes volume all that much more important.
Tier 1: Top 10 Fantasy RBs in Week 12
1) Dalvin Cook vs. Carolina Panthers
Cook is one of the highest floor and highest ceiling players in fantasy football at the moment. He gets the Carolina Panthers, whose run defense has struggled at times this season, and it’s difficult to imagine him not feasting again.
2) Alvin Kamara at Denver Broncos
Kamara wasn’t a big part of the passing game in Taysom Hill’s first start at QB, but he’s still one of the most elusive runners in the game. The Saints didn’t need to use him against the Falcons as Michael Thomas was open all day, but the expectation is that he becomes a bigger factor in Hill’s second start.
3) Aaron Jones vs. Chicago Bears
The Bears defense isn’t an easy matchup, but the best fantasy football running backs have guaranteed volume. We know that Jones will see scoring opportunities and, despite only hitting 100 scrimmage yards once this season, he should be able to put up fantasy points.
4) Nick Chubb at Jacksonville Jaguars
The Browns have the best running back tandem in the NFL, and Nick Chubb is leading it. Fantasy managers will wish that he would make more of an impact as a receiver, but when he’s as productive as he is on the ground, it isn’t easy to criticize.
5) Miles Sanders vs. Seattle Seahawks
Despite assertions that the Eagles wanted to use more of a committee, it’s clear that Sanders is the lead back. The offense isn’t performing to its potential, but Sanders will continue to see touches, and that should lead to fantasy points against a struggling Seahawks defense.
6) Derrick Henry at Indianapolis Colts
The Colts have been one of the top run defenses in the NFL this year, but Derrick Henry looks unstoppable when he gets going. He’s coming off the back of a huge game against an outstanding Baltimore Ravens defense. He put up over 100 rushing yards when these two teams played in Week 10 and will see another heavy workload.
7) James Robinson vs. Cleveland Browns
No matter who they’re playing, the Jaguars are committed to using James Robinson, and that’s what you want from a fantasy football running back. Even in a blowout defeat to the Pittsburgh Steelers, he saw 19 touches, and he’s been their most impressive offensive player.
8) Josh Jacobs at Atlanta Falcons
Jacobs hasn’t been as involved as a receiver as fantasy managers would like, but he’s still the clear lead back. The Falcons have struggled to get going recently and, if the Raiders find themselves in a position to run out the clock, then Jacobs should feast.
9) Ezekiel Elliott vs. Washington Football Team
10) Chris Carson at Philadelphia Eagles
Tier 2: Fantasy RBs in Week 12
11) Kareem Hunt at Jacksonville Jaguars
12) Austin Ekeler at Buffalo Bills
13) Antonio Gibson at Dallas Cowboys
14) Wayne Gallman at Cincinnati Bengals
15) Duke Johnson at Detroit Lions
16) Mike Davis at Minnesota Vikings
17) Damien Harris vs. Arizona Cardinals
18) Ronald Jones vs. Kansas City Chiefs
19) Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20) Nyheim Hines vs. Tennessee Titans
20) Giovani Bernard vs. New York Giants
Tier 3: Fantasy RB Rankings in Week 12
21) Gus Edwards at Pittsburgh Steelers
22) Brian Hill vs. Las Vegas Raiders
23) Kenyan Drake at New England Patriots
24) JD McKissic at Dallas Cowboys
25) David Montgomery at Green Bay Packers
26) Leonard Fournette vs. Kansas City Chiefs
27) James White vs. Arizona Cardinals
28) Chase Edmonds at New England Patriots
29) Darrell Henderson vs. San Francisco 49ers
30) Zack Moss vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Tier 4: Fantasy RB Rankings in Week 12
31) Benny Snell Jr vs. Baltimore Ravens
32) Jamaal Williams vs. Chicago Bears
33) Melvin Gordon vs. New Orleans Saints
34) Frank Gore vs. Miami Dolphins
35) Raheem Mostert at Los Angeles Rams
36) Devin Singletary vs. Los Angeles Chargers
37) Jordan Wilkins vs. Tennessee Titans
38) Latavius Murray at Denver Broncos
39) Phillip Lindsay vs. New Orleans Saints
40) Cam Akers vs. San Francisco 49ers
Fantasy RB Rankings Week 12 | The best of the rest
Tier 5: Fantasy RB Rankings in Week 12
41) Jerick McKinnon at Los Angeles Rams
42) Tony Pollard vs. Washington Football Team
43) Ito Smith vs. Las Vegas Raiders
44) Jeff Wilson Jr at Los Angeles Rams
45) Le’Veon Bell at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
46) Samaje Perine vs. New York Giants
47) Carlos Hyde at Philadelphia Eagles
48) Malcolm Brown vs. San Francisco 49ers
49) Sony Michel vs. Arizona Cardinals
50) Alexander Mattison vs. Carolina Panthers
Tier 6: The best of the rest fantasy RB rankings in Week 11
51) Adrian Peterson vs. Houston Texans
52) Matt Breida at New York Jets
53) Dion Lewis at Cincinnati Bengals
54) Cordarrelle Patterson at Green Bay Packers
55) Devontae Booker at Atlanta Falcons
56) Kerryon Johnson vs. Houston Texans
57) Justice Hill at Pittsburgh Steelers
58) Jaylen Samuels vs. Baltimore Ravens
Want more fantasy football analysis and news?
Be sure to follow us on Twitter: @PFN365 to stay up to date with all things around the NFL and the 2020 fantasy football season. Also, continue to visit Pro Football Network for NFL news and in-depth analysis while also visiting our fantasy football section for more coverage and up-to-date rankings.