The tight end position is a place where managers can find a massive advantage for their 2023 redraft fantasy football rosters, as finding consistent production from the position can be one of the more difficult things in fantasy at the moment. With another group of highly talented rookie tight ends in the league, plus shakeups thanks to a wild offseason of moves, here are the current 2023 fantasy football redraft TE rankings.
2023 Redraft Tight End Rankings
The below rankings are intended as a guide for 0.5 PPR formats. They do not take into account individual league rules and setups.
1) Travis Kelce | Kansas City Chiefs
2) Mark Andrews | Baltimore Ravens
3) T.J. Hockenson | Minnesota Vikings
4) George Kittle | San Francisco 49ers
5) Dallas Goedert | Philadelphia Eagles
6) Kyle Pitts | Atlanta Falcons
7) Evan Engram | Jacksonville Jaguars
8) Darren Waller | New York Giants
9) David Njoku | Cleveland Browns
10) Pat Freiermuth | Pittsburgh Steelers
11) Chigoziem Okonkwo | Tennessee Titans
12) Greg Dulcich | Denver Broncos
13) Tyler Higbee | Los Angeles Rams
14) Dalton Schultz | Houston Texans
15) Cole Kmet | Chicago Bears
MORE: Fantasy Football Apps
16) Dalton Kincaid | Buffalo Bills
17) Dawson Knox | Buffalo Bills
18) Gerald Everett | Los Angeles Chargers
19) Trey McBride | Arizona Cardinals
20) Juwan Johnson | New Orleans Saints
21) Taysom Hill | New Orleans Saints
22) Sam LaPorta | Detroit Lions
23) Mike Gesicki | New England Patriots
24) Irv Smith Jr. | Cincinnati Bengals
25) Hayden Hurst | Carolina Panthers
26) Tyler Conklin | New York Jets
27) Michael Mayer | Las Vegas Raiders
28) Luke Musgrave | Green Bay Packers
29) Isaiah Likely | Baltimore Ravens
30) Hunter Henry | New England Patriots
31) Noah Fant | Seattle Seahawks
32) Zach Ertz | Arizona Cardinals
33) Cade Otton | Tampa Bay Buccaneers
34) Jelani Woods | Indianapolis Colts
35) Durham Smythe | Miami Dolphins
36) Will Dissly | Seattle Seahawks
37) Logan Thomas | Washington Commanders
38) Luke Schoonmaker | Dallas Cowboys
39) Donald Parham Jr. | Los Angeles Chargers
40) Jake Ferguson | Dallas Cowboys
41) Foster Moreau | New Orleans Saints
42) Austin Hooper | Las Vegas Raiders
43) Robert Tonyan | Chicago Bears
44) Daniel Bellinger | New York Giants
45) Darnell Washington | Pittsburgh Steelers
46) Adam Trautman | Denver Broncos
47) Albert Okwuegbunam | Denver Broncos
48) Jonnu Smith | Atlanta Falcons
49) Tucker Kraft | Green Bay Packers
50) Jordan Akins | Cleveland Browns
51) Harrison Bryant | Cleveland Browns
52) Noah Gray | Kansas City Chiefs
53) Brevin Jordan | Houston Texans
54) O.J. Howard | Las Vegas Raiders
55) Mo Alie-Cox | Indianapolis Colts
56) Peyton Hendershot | Dallas Cowboys
57) Kylen Granson | Indianapolis Colts
58) C.J. Uzomah | New York Jets
59) Brock Wright | Detroit Lions
60) Hunter Long | Los Angeles Rams
61) Brenton Strange | Jacksonville Jaguars
62) Zack Kuntz | New York Jets
63) Josh Oliver | Minnesota Vikings
64) Jeremy Ruckert | New York Jets
65) Colby Parkinson | Seattle Seahawks
66) Ian Thomas | Carolina Panthers
67) Cole Turner | Washington Commanders
68) John Bates | Washington Commanders
69) Tommy Tremble | Carolina Panthers
70) Quintin Morris | Buffalo Bills
71) Ross Dwelley | San Francisco 49ers
72) Tre’ McKitty | Los Angeles Chargers
73) Giovanni Ricci | Carolina Panthers
74) Johnny Mundt | Minnesota Vikings
75) Charlie Kolar | Baltimore Ravens
Who Are the Best TEs To Draft in 2023 Redraft Leagues?
If you never want to think about the position again (barring bye weeks), then you need to draft one of the top three players, ideally. Beyond that, Travis Kelce is in a league of his own and is the only TE you can consider not just in the first round but as a top-five pick, given the gap he has to the rest of the field.
Kelce might very well be the GOAT of TEs. All he does is finish as the TE1 (316.3 PPR). Last year, he finished with a ridiculous 100.9 PPR points above T.J. Hockenson in second place (215.4 PPR).
I’d also keep a close eye on Cardinals TE Trey McBride and Titans TE Chigoziem Okonkwo. McBride was the clear TE1 of last year’s class. After Zach Ertz was lost for the season in Week 10 due to a torn ACL, McBride saw an increased role. While he only saw 39 targets in 2022, the upside is there, but it all depends on when Ertz will be ready to go.
Throw in the release of DeAndre Hopkins, and McBride could be a name that quickly rises up 2023 TE redraft fantasy football rankings between now and the start of the season.
As for Okonkwo, take a glance at the Titans’ wide receiver room following the draft. It’s Treylon Burks and then a collection of Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Kyle Philips, Chris Moore, Racey McMath, and other guys who will rarely see the field. Okonkwo is a pure athlete who ran a 4.52 40-yard dash at 6’2″, 243 pounds.
A fourth-round pick in 2022, Okonkwo scored three touchdowns on just 32 receptions and was targeted on 33% of his routes, the third-highest rate for a TE last year. His 10.6% target share is going to be blown out of the water.
In 2019, Mark Andrews was my breakout pick at tight end. In 2020, it was Jonnu Smith. 2021 was Cole Kmet. Last year it was Engram and David Njoku. For 2023, my breakout tight end will be Okonkwo. Buckle up.
Unlike in years past, I am also willing to take a few dart throws on a very good rookie tight end class. Buffalo Bills TE Dalton Kincaid was the big winner of the group and has a shot to be a top-three target for Josh Allen and spend most of his time in the slot. Given the target floor the position as a whole carries, volume alone could push Kincaid into low-end TE1 territory.
Depending on how deep your draft is, I’d also consider Michael Mayer (Raiders), Luke Musgrave (Packers), and Sam LaPorta (Lions) as upside stash players whose roles will increase in volume as the season progresses.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.