The 2023 NFL season keeps on moving, and fantasy football managers are desperately trying to evade all the obstacles that are coming up trying to prevent them from securing victories!
It seems this year, more than ever, fantasy managers are dealing with a greater amount of injuries, unmet expectations, and tough matchups. With that in mind, the waiver wire is an excellent place to try and get your team back on the right track!
Who are the players you need to add going into Week 4? Here are my top waiver wire options.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Week 4 Waiver Wire Rankings
1) De’Von Achane | MIA | (RB)
2) Joshua Palmer | LAC | (WR)
3) Tank Dell | HOU | (WR)
4) Jerick McKinnon | KC | (RB)
5) Adam Thielen | CAR | (WR)
6) Elijah Mitchell | SF | (RB)
7) Romeo Doubs | GB | (WR)
8) Jameis Winston | NO | (QB)
9) Seattle Seahawks | SEA | (DST)
10) Jake Ferguson | DAL | (TE)
11) Jayden Reed | GB | (WR)
12) Tank Bigsby | JAX | (RB)
13) Zay Jones | JAX | (WR)
14) Matt Gay | IND | (K)
15) Andy Dalton | CAR | (QB)
16) DJ Chark Jr. | CAR | (WR)
17) Matt Breida | NYG | (RB)
18) Kenny Pickett | PIT | (QB)
19) Luke Musgrave | GB | (TE)
20) Quentin Johnston | LAC | (WR)
21) Cincinnati Bengals | CIN | (DST)
22) Ezekiel Elliott | NE | (RB)
23) Josh Downs | IND | (WR)
24) Denver Broncos | DEN | (DST)
25) Marvin Mims Jr. | DEN | (WR)
26) Atlanta Falcons | ATL | (DST)
27) Tyjae Spears | TEN | (RB)
28) Roschon Johnson | CHI | (RB)
29) C.J. Stroud | HOU | (QB)
30) Jason Myers | SEA | (K)
31) Baker Mayfield | TB | (QB)
32) Zach Ertz | ARI | (TE)
33) Desmond Ridder | ATL | (QB)
34) Brandon Aubrey | DAL | (K)
35) Gerald Everett | LAC | (TE)
36) Jake Browning | CIN | (QB)
37) Donald Parham Jr. | LAC | (TE)
38) Greg Joseph | MIN | (K)
39) Riley Patterson | DET | (K)
40) Justin Watson | KC | (WR)
41) Sam Howell | WAS | (QB)
42) Cleveland Browns | CLE | (DST)
43) Kendrick Bourne | NE | (WR)
44) Sean Tucker | TB | (RB)
45) Nelson Agholor | BAL | (WR)
46) Tampa Bay Buccaneers | TB | (DST)
47) Julian Hill | MIA | (TE)
The Top Players To Add in Week 4
De’Von Achane, RB, Miami Dolphins
De’Von Achane had zero fantasy points in Week 1. He had 1.4 fantasy points in Week 2. After Week 3, he’s now the RB5 in all of fantasy football.
DEVON ACHANE 67-YARD TD
THE DOLPHINS HAVE 70 POINTS.
— NFL (@NFL) September 24, 2023
It’s feasible to make that enormous leap up the standings when you finish with 233 total yards and four touchdowns in one game! Achane was absolutely unstoppable against the Denver Broncos, and he helped lead this Dolphins team to a historic performance with 70 points.
Acahne’s the clear top option to add on the waiver wire. How can you not go after him after this performance? However, we need to remember that Jeff Wilson Jr. will be making his way back off of injured reserve (IR) here very soon. This means that we could have a three-man committee here in Miami, and Achane may never see 18 carries in a game for the rest of the year.
He’s not a locked-and-loaded RB2 moving forward. However, Achane’s absolutely worth starting as a Flex option here in Week 4 against the Buffalo Bills because he can easily put your lineup over the top with one long run.
Joshua Palmer, WR, Los Angeles Chargers
We’ve certainly talked about Joshua Palmer on waiver wire podcasts or articles in previous years. While he’s yet to fully live up to expectations after an injury to one of Keenan Allen or Mike Williams, he’s been a solid fantasy asset.
This season, Palmer appears to be the clear next option to step up after Williams tore his ACL and will be sidelined for the remainder of the 2023 NFL season. Quentin Johnston has the draft capital to his name, but he’s been playing behind Palmer up to this point of the season, and he doesn’t appear to be ready for a larger role.
There are fantasy managers who are hesitant to go after Palmer on the waiver wire, which seems like a foolish decision. This offense is going to air the ball out a ton this year, especially while Austin Ekeler is sidelined, and they’re going to be in some high-scoring matchups moving forward.
Palmer has a chance to work his way into the weekly top 30 conversation at the WR position, and he needs to be picked up and played as early as this week against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.