Every week, we see at least one referee and his crew with a week off, but as the bye weeks return, that number will grow to four. However, that still means we have 13 other crews working this week, so let’s look at the Week 13 NFL referee assignments.
NFL Referee Assignments for Week 13
All times Eastern and game day Sunday unless stated otherwise. All penalty stat information is courtesy of NFLPenalties.com.
- Denver Broncos at Houston Texans | 1:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles Chargers at New England Patriots | 1:00 p.m.
- Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints | 1:00 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons at New York Jets | 1:00 p.m.
- Arizona Cardinals at Pittsburgh Steelers | 1:00 p.m.
- Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans| 1:00 p.m.
- Miami Dolphins at Washington Commanders | 1:00 p.m.
- Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers | 4:05 p.m.
- Cleveland Browns at Los Angeles Rams | 4:25 p.m.
- San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles | 4:25 p.m.
- Kansas City Chiefs at Green Bay Packers | 8:20 p.m.
- Cincinnati Bengals at Jacksonville Jaguars | 8:15 p.m. (Monday)
The big matchup of the weekend is the Philadelphia Eagles hosting the San Francisco 49ers, which Alex Kemp’s crew is assigned. Philadelphia’s last three home opponents have been called for 31 total penalties, while the Eagles have only seen 14 total flags against them. Meanwhile, the 49ers have been called for over seven penalties per road game this season.
Kemp’s crew has called two more penalties per game against the road team in 11 games this season. They have the highest differential between road and home penalty calls.
On Monday, we could see a game with a low number of penalties called. The Cincinnati Bengals and Jacksonville Jaguars have the two lowest number of penalties called against them this season. Cincinnati has had six penalties or fewer against them in nine of 11 games, while Jacksonville has only one game with more than six infractions called against them this season. Scott Novak’s crew has called the 11th fewest penalties of the 17 crews.
Want to predict the rest of the 2023 season with our FREE NFL Playoff Predictor? Looking for the most up-to-date NFL standings? What about a breakdown of team depth charts or the NFL schedule? Pro Football Network has you covered with that and more!