The Jacksonville Jaguars have had their share of ups and downs during the course of their team’s history. They forged an instant identity as newcomers to the league, but then fell off a bit recently, highlighted no more glaringly than the Urban Meyer reign of terror. The Jags’ 2022 turnaround is impressive, but how have the Jaguars performed in their playoff history, and how do they fare getting to and winning the Super Bowl?
*We’ll only consider appearances from the 1970 merger onward.
Jacksonville Jaguars Playoff Appearances and Results by Year
- Wild Card: Won 10-3 vs. Bills
- Divisional Round: Won 45-42 @ Steelers
- Conference Championship: Lost 24-20 @ Patriots
- Wild Card: Won 31-29 @ Steelers
- Divisional Round: Lost 31-20 @ Patriots
- Wild Card: Lost 28-3 @ Patriots
- Divisional Round: Won 62-7 vs. Dolphins
- Conference Championship: Lost 33-14 vs. Titans
- Wild Card: Won 25-10 vs. Patriots
- Divisional Round: Lost 34-24 @ Jets
- Wild Card: Lost 42-17 @ Broncos
- Wild Card: Won 30-27 @ Bills
- Divisional Round: Won 30-27 @ Broncos
- Conference Championship: Lost 20-6 @ Patriots
Jacksonville Jaguars Playoff History FAQ
The Jaguars are playoff-bound in 2023, but how have they fared in playoff history? We’ll dive into some frequently asked questions on the Jaguars’ successes (and failures) in the playoffs.
What’s the Jaguars’ Playoff Win/Loss Record?
The Jaguars’ all-time playoff record is 7-7. The first playoff appearance (1996 season) involved a trip to the AFC Championship Game, only to fall to the Patriots; their last playoff experience (2017 season) ironically enough involved the exact same path. The Jags made it to the AFCG with Blake Bortles under center — they fell just short again, losing 24-20 in Foxborough.
How Many Times Have the Jaguars Been to the Playoffs?
The Jags have made the playoffs seven times in their team’s history (not including this year). Only two of their seven playoff appearances have resulted in a one-and-done outcome. Jacksonville made four consecutive playoff appearances in the late 90s.
How Many Super Bowl Appearances Do the Jaguars Have?
Jaguars fans, hide your eyes! (It’s zero.)
While they made the AFC Championship Game in the 1996, 1999, and 2017 seasons, they fell short in each of those contests. Jacksonville went toe-to-toe with the Tom Brady-led Patriots team in the Conference Championship after the 2017 season, but the Pats outscored the Jags 14-3 in the fourth quarter.
How Many Super Bowls Have the Jaguars Won?
When Was the Last Time the Jaguars Made the Super Bowl?
I’m sorry Jags fans, we’re not trying to beat a dead horse. Maybe it’ll be this year!