Week 2 of football is officially in the books, and it’s time to look ahead for our fantasy football leagues. The Week 3 IDP Report will provide an early look at several waiver wire priorities of varying league sizes and preliminary Week 3 IDP rankings.
Since all leagues are different sizes and have different IDP requirements, the weekly rankings might be more beneficial than the waiver list for even setting waivers. If you have any specific questions, hop into our Discord and ask me a question! Hope the waivers go in your favor.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Top Week 3 IDP Waiver Wire Pickups
Robert Spillane, LB, Las Vegas Raiders
Two weeks into 2023 and Spillane is what the Raiders said he’d be — a full-time LB who’d wear the green dot. Despite this, he wasn’t universally drafted highly (or even at all). All he’s done is post 21 total tackles in his first two weeks, along with a sack. Pick him up and play him where needed.
Raiders LB Robert Spillane yesterday.
5 Missed Tackles
— CJ Errickson (@CJE_NFL) September 18, 2023
Devin Lloyd, LB, Jacksonville Jaguars
Likely only in shallower leagues, Lloyd has been showing his first-round chops to kick off year two. Week 2 saw Lloyd post 11 tackles.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
Worries about playing time have disappeared, as he’s played just one less snap than Foyesade Oluokun. He’s going to be in the top 100 in this week’s rankings.
Kwity Paye, DE, Indianapolis Colts
Paye has been a bit of an enigma and has dealt with injuries but is off to a quality start to 2023. Paye has posted four or five tackles and a sack in both games. The AFC South isn’t exactly the strongest division at OT, but Paye has a clear path to strong results. A worthy addition for an ascending young talent.
George Karlaftis, DE, Kansas City Chiefs
Karlaftis has played over 80% of snaps in each of the first 2 weeks. That has translated to four or more tackles in each game, as well as 1.5 sacks in Week 2. Now the Bears come to town for Week 3 and it’s a final call on Karlaftis, as Bears’ QB Justin Fields has been sacked 10 times the first 2 weeks. Guessing Karlaftis adds to his sack total in Week 3.
Jason Pinnock, S, New York Giants
Pinnock was someone to watch all preseason and the strong play appears to be carrying over to the regular season. Pinnock totaled 13 tackles in Week 2 to bring his total to 18 for the year. He’s playing a full-time role, and playing in the box or slot about a third of the time. He’s worth an addition where a DB is needed.
Geno Stone, S, Baltimore Ravens
Stone has filled in admirably for Marcus Williams in the past and looks to again in 2023. In his first opportunity, Stone posted a solid nine tackles and an interception. Williams is out for a couple of weeks minimum, so Stone may not be a season-long add but is a great fill-in for an injured player if needed.
Early Week 3 Fantasy Football IDP Rankings
1) Micah Parsons | DAL, LB | (@ ARI)
2) T.J. Watt | PIT, LB | (@ LV)
3) Roquan Smith | BAL, LB | (vs. IND)
4) Foyesade Oluokun | JAX, LB | (vs. HOU)
5) Zaire Franklin | IND, LB | (@ BAL)
6) Maxx Crosby | LV, DE | (vs. PIT)
7) Nick Bolton | KC, LB | (vs. CHI)
8) Bobby Wagner | SEA, LB | (vs. CAR)
9) Myles Garrett | CLE, DE | (vs. TEN)
10) Derwin James Jr. | LAC, S | (@ MIN)
11) Devin White | TB, LB | (vs. PHI)
12) C.J. Mosley | NYJ, LB | (vs. NE)
13) Aidan Hutchinson | DET, DE | (vs. ATL)
14) Tremaine Edmunds | CHI, LB | (@ KC)
15) Danielle Hunter | MIN, DE | (vs. LAC)
16) Jaelan Phillips | MIA, DE | (vs. DEN)
17) Brian Burns | CAR, DE | (@ SEA)
18) Matt Milano | BUF, LB | (@ WAS)
19) Quay Walker | GB, LB | (vs. NO)
20) Jordyn Brooks | SEA, LB | (vs. CAR)
21) Julian Love | SEA, S | (vs. CAR)
22) Dax Hill | CIN, S | (vs. LAR)
23) Haason Reddick | PHI, DE | (@ TB)
24) Jevon Holland | MIA, S | (vs. DEN)
25) Montez Sweat | WAS, DE | (vs. BUF)
26) DeForest Buckner | IND, DT | (@ BAL)
27) Matthew Judon | NE, LB | (@ NYJ)
28) Logan Wilson | CIN, LB | (vs. LAR)
29) Ernest Jones | LAR, LB | (@ CIN)
30) Kaden Elliss | ATL, LB | (@ DET)
31) Dre Greenlaw | SF, LB | (vs. NYG)
32) Denzel Perryman | HOU, LB | (@ JAX)
33) Bobby Okereke | NYG, LB | (@ SF)
34) Fred Warner | SF, LB | (vs. NYG)
35) T.J. Edwards | CHI, LB | (@ KC)
36) Troy Andersen | ATL, LB | (@ DET)
37) Demario Davis | NO, LB | (@ GB)
38) Kamren Curl | WAS, S | (vs. BUF)
39) Josh Allen | JAX, DE | (vs. HOU)
40) Jessie Bates III | ATL, S | (@ DET)
41) Frankie Luvu | CAR, LB | (@ SEA)
42) Kyle Hamilton | BAL, S | (vs. IND)
43) Quinnen Williams | NYJ, DT | (vs. NE)
44) Nick Bosa | SF, DE | (vs. NYG)
45) Jordan Hicks | MIN, LB | (vs. LAC)
46) Jaquan Brisker | CHI, S | (@ KC)
47) Pete Werner | NO, LB | (@ GB)
48) Jordan Poyer | BUF, S | (@ WAS)
49) Cole Holcomb | PIT, LB | (@ LV)
The Best IDP Players To Start in Week 3
Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns
Look, three total tackles and a sack was not what anyone expected through 2 weeks for Garrett. Better days are ahead though, and they should start this week. The Browns host the Titans, who have one of the worst lines in football. Don’t worry about a slow start and keep Garrett in lineups knowing he’ll pop off for a huge week soon and get rolling.
Quay Walker, LB, Green Bay Packers
The Packers elite young LB had the best game of his young career in Week 2 with an astounding 17 total tackles. It’ll be interesting to see if some of that was the Falcons running offense or if he’s primed to leap into the elite tier of redraft LBs. With the Saints on deck, fire Walker up with confidence and be excited to see what happens!
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.