Week 13 brings with it the end of the regular season in most fantasy leagues, with the playoffs kicking off in Week 14. Week 12 saw some underwhelming fantasy football performances from normally reliable running backs, with Dalvin Cook, Ezekiel Elliott, and Josh Jacobs all failing to produce. Our Week 13 fantasy RB rankings will tell you all you need to know when setting your lineups.
What to keep in mind heading into Week 13 and searching for the best fantasy football running back
The last bye week of the season means that fantasy managers will have to prepare to be without some of their starters this week. If you have Christian McCaffrey on your roster, then you’ve likely made other plans for the majority of the season, but you’ll have to wait another week. Both him and his backup, Mike Davis, are on a bye this week. The Bucs’ week off will leave you without fantasy football standout running back Ronald Jones.
There are several starting running backs with a questionable injury status heading into Week 13. James Conner, D’Andre Swift, Todd Gurley, and others were forced to miss Week 12 and fantasy managers should always check our fantasy RB injury reports and updates, and we will revise these rankings as necessary.
Fantasy RB Rankings Week 13: Sleepers, must-starts, potential busts
Note: Please keep in mind that these are PPR RB rankings. PPR in fantasy means that a running back gets an additional full point for each reception. This can play a big factor when deciding which players to put into your lineups and makes volume all that much more important.
Tier 1: Top 10 Fantasy RBs in Week 13
1) Dalvin Cook vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Dalvin Cook tops our fantasy RB rankings in Week 13. Any time you can get one of the best running backs in the league in a game where positive game script is expected it’s going to lead to good things. The Vikings should have exactly that against the Jaguars, and Cook should feast. He did get banged up in his Week 12 game but was seen jogging around the sidelines before returning to the game, so he should be good to go here.
2) James Robinson at Minnesota Vikings
No matter the score, the Jags are determined to get James Robinson involved. The Vikings defense has struggled all season, and that should mean red-zone opportunities for Robinson.
3) Austin Ekeler vs. New England Patriots
Austin Ekeler didn’t seem to have slowed down at all on his return from injury. He’s a huge part of the passing game and looks to have the same chemistry with Justin Herbert that he enjoyed with Philip Rivers. He is a top fantasy football running back heading into Week 13.
4) Derrick Henry vs. Cleveland Browns
Derrick Henry faced one of the better rush defenses in the league when he faced the Colts in Week 12. He destroyed them, putting together one of the most dominant performances we’ve seen this season. He looks unstoppable.
5) Alvin Kamara at Atlanta Falcons
Alvin Kamara might not be as involved in the Saints’ offense with Taysom Hill as he was with Drew Brees, but he’s still one of the most talented RBs in the league and gets a good matchup with the Falcons.
6) Aaron Jones vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Aaron Jones hasn’t been producing the yards from scrimmage that fantasy managers expected this season, but he’s getting a lot of opportunities on a high-powered offense. He’s more touchdown-dependent than some of the other top options, but he should see volume in the red zone.
7) Miles Sanders at Green Bay Packers
If the Eagles can remain committed to running the ball, then Sanders should be able to score fantasy points. The Packers have struggled against running backs all season, and Sanders should be able to take advantage.
8) Chris Carson vs. New York Giants
The game script should be firmly in the Seahawks’ favor when they take on the New York Giants. Carson is clearly the best RB on the roster and should see a heavy workload against a team that has consistently allowed points to RBs.
9) Nick Chubb at Tennessee Titans
Nick Chubb just keeps producing. The Browns running game looks unstoppable and, despite being involved in a timeshare, Chubb should see more than enough opportunities to produce in a game against the Titans.
10) James Conner vs. Washington Football Team
Tier 2: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
11) D’Andre Swift at Chicago Bears
12) Antonio Gibson at Pittsburgh Steelers
13) Todd Gurley vs. New Orleans Saints
14) Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs. Denver Broncos
15) Raheem Mostert vs. Buffalo Bills
16) David Montgomery vs. Detroit Lions
17) David Johnson vs. Indianapolis Colts
18) Kareem Hunt at Tennessee Titans
19) Damien Harris at Los Angeles Chargers
20) Nyheim Hines at Houston Texans
Tier 3: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
21) Devontae Booker at New York Jets
22) Ezekiel Elliott at Baltimore Ravens
23) J.D. McKissic at Pittsburgh Steelers
24) Giovani Bernard at Miami Dolphins
25) Kenyan Drake vs. Los Angeles Rams
26) J.K. Dobbins vs. Dallas Cowboys
27) Melvin Gordon at Kansas City Chiefs
28) Darrell Henderson at Arizona Cardinals
29) James White at Los Angeles Chargers
30) Myles Gaskin vs. Cincinnati Bengals
The best of the rest
Tier 4: Fantasy RBs in Week 14
31) Wayne Gallman at Seattle Seahawks
32) Jonathan Taylor at Houston Texans
33) Devin Singletary at San Francisco 49ers
34) Chase Edmonds vs. Los Angeles Rams
35) Jamaal Williams vs. Philadelphia Eagles
36) Zack Moss at San Francisco 49ers
37) Wayne Gallman at Seattle Seahawks
38) Salvon Ahmed vs. Cincinnati Bengals
39) Frank Gore vs. Las Vegas Raiders
40) Latavius Murray at Atlanta Falcons
Tier 5: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
41) Le’Veon Bell vs. Denver Broncos
42) Kalen Ballage vs. New England Patriots
43) Malcolm Brown at Arizona Cardinals
44) Cam Akers at Arizona Cardinals
45) Jerick McKinnon vs. Buffalo Bills
46) Tony Pollard at Baltimore Ravens
47) Phillip Lindsay at Kansas City Chiefs
48) Jordan Wilkins at Houston Texans
49) Brian Hill vs. New Orleans Saints
50) Duke Johnson vs. Indianapolis Colts
Tier 6: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
51) Gus Edwards vs. Dallas Cowboys
52) Carlos Hyde vs. New York Giants
53) Adrian Peterson at Chicago Bears
54) Matt Breida vs. Cincinnati Bengals
55) Benny Snell vs. Washington Football Team
56) Tevin Coleman vs. Buffalo Bills
57) Justin Jackson vs. New England Patriots
58) Samaje Perine at Miami Dolphins
59) Sony Michel at Los Angeles Chargers
60) Mark Ingram vs. Dallas Cowboys
Tier 7: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
61) Kerryon Johnson at Chicago Bears
62) Boston Scott at Green Bay Packers
63) Jeff Wilson Jr vs. Buffalo Bills
64) Kerryon Johnson at Chicago Bears
65) Peyton Barber at Pittsburgh Steelers
Want more fantasy football analysis and news?
Be sure to follow us on Twitter: @PFN365 to stay up to date with all things around the NFL and the 2020 fantasy football season. Also, continue to visit Pro Football Network for NFL news and in-depth analysis while also visiting our fantasy football section for more coverage and up-to-date rankings.