April Fools’ Day is the one time of year when everyone feels entitled to play pranks and make fools of the internet, which can be entertaining, unless you’re covering NFL rumors. That chaos appeared to spill into football circles this week, as the Denver Broncos suddenly found themselves at the center of one of the strangest quarterback rumors of the offseason when speculation linked Aaron Rodgers to the franchise.
A report quickly gained attention because it suggested Denver could be exploring veteran insurance at QB due to concerns over Bo Nix’s health. But almost immediately, multiple Broncos-connected insiders came out forcefully to shut it down. Their response was not subtle, either, with several describing the idea as absurd and completely disconnected from reality.
Broncos Insiders Quickly Shoot Down Aaron Rodgers Rumors
On a day when misinformation spreads faster than usual, Denver’s media made it clear this was one rumor they wanted buried fast. The rumor picked up steam after Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reported there had been “talk” of Denver potentially bringing Rodgers in for a visit.
Florio framed the possibility around uncertainty regarding Bo Nix’s health after the young QB suffered a fractured ankle during the postseason. “There’s talk of the Broncos possibly bringing Rodgers in for a visit,” his report stated.
That immediately triggered a wave of pushback from Broncos insiders with direct knowledge of the team’s thinking.
Zac Stevens of DNVR Broncos was among the first to dismiss the idea: “There is ‘less than a zero percent chance’ Aaron Rodgers will visit with the Broncos, per source. It’s April Fools and that story is completely false. Along those lines, Bo Nix will be 100% for the offseason program, 100% for preseason and 100% for Week 1. Absolutely zero concern for Bo’s health,” he posted on X.
There is “less than a zero percent chance” Aaron Rodgers will visit with the Broncos, per source.
It’s April Fools and that story is completely false.
Along those lines, Bo Nix will be 100% for the offseason program, 100% for preseason and 100% for Week 1. Absolutely zero…
— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevensDNVR) April 1, 2026
Parker Gabriel of The Denver Post also rejected the report in emphatic fashion, writing: “Broncos are not considering bringing Aaron Rodgers in for a visit, source said. “Preposterous,” one source said. Happy April Fool’s Day, everybody.”
How Bo Nix’s Injury Sparked the Aaron Rodgers Rumors
The only reason the Rodgers speculation gained traction at all was that it leaned on the idea that Nix may not be fully recovered in time for the 2026 season. However, that angle also appears to have been thoroughly dismissed by people around the organization.
Mike Klis of 9NEWS echoed that sentiment while referencing comments made by Broncos leadership during league meetings.
BE AN NFL GM: PFSN’s Ultimate GM Simulator
“Report #Broncos have interest in Aaron Rodgers must be an April Fool’s joke. Source says “zero percent” chance of this happening. As Greg Penner, Sean Payton and George Paton just said at NFL meetings, QB Bo Nix will be ready by start of offseason program on May 4. Full go by start of OTAs,” Klis wrote on X.
Will Petersen of Denver Sports 104.3 also criticized the entire premise, especially given what such a move would signal about Denver’s confidence in Nix.
“This is why this ‘holiday’ is so stupid. The idea of Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos right now is absurd. But Florio claims it’s ‘not an April Fool’s Day gag.’ I’d be stunned if Denver called Rodgers — it’d basically burn every single bridge with Bo Nix,” Petersen posted on X.
This is why this “holiday” is so stupid.
The idea of Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos right now is absurd. But Florio claims it’s “not an April Fool’s Day gag.”
I’d be stunned if Denver called Rodgers — it’d basically burn every single bridge with Bo Nix. https://t.co/CDK3doYAOy pic.twitter.com/sRTLfTwMvr
— Will Petersen (@PetersenWill) April 1, 2026
Rodgers, meanwhile, remains one of the biggest names in football, but his uneven 2025 campaign with the Steelers and playoff disappointment have only fueled more uncertainty about what comes next for him.
As things stand, Denver appears fully committed to Bo Nix. And unless something dramatic changes, this rumor looks destined to be remembered for what Broncos insiders already called it: nonsense dressed up as news.

