Week 3 is here and we have some fantasy football lineups to set. A slew of injuries have hit fantasy managers hard, so it’s time to regroup and take a look at the upcoming slate of games to find out who the best starts are.
We do the research at Pro Football Network so that you can feel confident you’re setting the best possible lineup each and every week. With that in mind, here are my top TEs to start heading into Week 3.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which TE Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Travis Kelce | KC | (vs. CHI)
2) Mark Andrews | BAL | (vs. IND)
3) T.J. Hockenson | MIN | (vs. LAC)
4) Evan Engram | JAX | (vs. HOU)
5) Dallas Goedert | PHI | (@ TB)
6) Darren Waller | NYG | (@ SF)
7) George Kittle | SF | (vs. NYG)
8) David Njoku | CLE | (vs. TEN)
9) Sam LaPorta | DET | (vs. ATL)
10) Jake Ferguson | DAL | (@ ARI)
11) Gerald Everett | LAC | (@ MIN)
12) Dalton Kincaid | BUF | (@ WAS)
13) Hunter Henry | NE | (@ NYJ)
14) Taysom Hill | NO | (@ GB)
15) Pat Freiermuth | PIT | (@ LV)
16) Tyler Higbee | LAR | (@ CIN)
17) Kyle Pitts | ATL | (@ DET)
18) Zach Ertz | ARI | (vs. DAL)
19) Cole Kmet | CHI | (@ KC)
20) Juwan Johnson | NO | (@ GB)
21) Luke Musgrave | GB | (vs. NO)
22) Chigoziem Okonkwo | TEN | (@ CLE)
23) Hayden Hurst | CAR | (@ SEA)
24) Kylen Granson | IND | (@ BAL)
25) Durham Smythe | MIA | (vs. DEN)
26) Dawson Knox | BUF | (@ WAS)
27) Dalton Schultz | HOU | (@ JAX)
28) Cade Otton | TB | (vs. PHI)
29) Noah Fant | SEA | (vs. CAR)
30) Logan Thomas | WAS | (vs. BUF)
31) Adam Trautman | DEN | (@ MIA)
32) Irv Smith Jr. | CIN | (vs. LAR)
33) Trey McBride | ARI | (vs. DAL)
34) Mike Gesicki | NE | (@ NYJ)
35) Noah Gray | KC | (vs. CHI)
The Top TEs To Start in Week 3
Dallas Goedert, TE, Philadelphia Eagles
After failing to haul in his only target in Week 1, Goedert saw four early targets on Thursday night and was clearly a part of the game plan. He finished Week 2 as the Eagles leader in both targets (seven) and catches (six), though the fact that not a single one of those receptions gained 10 yards is a bit concerning.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
He’s the third-most-likely player to catch a touchdown on an offense that prefers to run when in close, so the ceiling here isn’t what we are looking for. Goedert is attached to an elite offense and plays a shallow position, a combination that will land him in my top 10 every week. But if he finds a way to have a big game soon, his stock is one I’d consider shorting while the price is high.
Sam LaPorta, TE, Detroit Lions
While Pitts is a presumed starter turning streamer, Detroit’s rookie is going in the reverse direction. LaPorta has a pair of five-catch games to open his career with just one of his targets hitting the ground, a level of efficiency that puts his PPR floor at a usable level.
LaPorta tough grab on 3rd & 12… Catches it at about 7-8yds, rumbles ahead for another 4-5yds. I love this dude.
— Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) September 19, 2023
Of course, the fact that the strong volume has resulted in just 102 yards is not ideal. The per-catch upside is limited, and that means the floor is a low one if the efficiency dries up. Detroit does need a secondary pass catcher next to St. Brown, and with that in mind, I’m comfortable in labeling LaPorta a top-12 option at the position.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.