Week 1 is now in the rearview mirror, and we’re moving quickly ahead into Week 2! With so much movement in the rankings after an action-packed Week 1, plus a slew of injuries, what does that mean for us as we set our fantasy football lineups?
I’ve got you covered with my Week 2 QB fantasy football rankings! Let’s dive in.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which QBs Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Jalen Hurts | PHI, vs. MIN
2) Josh Allen | BUF, vs. LV
3) Patrick Mahomes II | KC, @ JAX
4) Justin Herbert | LAC, @ TEN
5) Trevor Lawrence | JAX, vs. KC
6) Lamar Jackson | BAL, @ CIN
7) Justin Fields | CHI, @ TB
8) Tua Tagovailoa | MIA, @ NE
9) Joe Burrow | CIN, vs. BAL
10) Anthony Richardson | IND, @ HOU
11) Jared Goff | DET, vs. SEA
12) Daniel Jones | NYG, @ ARI
13) Geno Smith | SEA, @ DET
14) Deshaun Watson | CLE, @ PIT
15) Brock Purdy | SF, @ LAR
16) Kirk Cousins | MIN, @ PHI
17) Derek Carr | NO, @ CAR
18) Dak Prescott | DAL, vs. NYJ
19) Jordan Love | GB, @ ATL
20) Baker Mayfield | TB, vs. CHI
21) Sam Howell | WAS, @ DEN
22) Russell Wilson | DEN, vs. WAS
23) Kenny Pickett | PIT, vs. CLE
24) Ryan Tannehill | TEN, vs. LAC
25) Jimmy Garoppolo | LV, @ BUF
26) Mac Jones | NE, vs. MIA
27) Matthew Stafford | LAR, vs. SF
28) Bryce Young | CAR, vs. NO
29) C.J. Stroud | HOU, vs. IND
30) Joshua Dobbs | ARI, vs. NYG
31) Desmond Ridder | ATL, vs. GB
32) Zach Wilson | NYJ, @ DAL
33) Jacoby Brissett | WAS, @ DEN
34) Taylor Heinicke | ATL, vs. GB
35) Clayton Tune | ARI, vs. NYG
The Top QBs To Start in Week 2
Anthony Richardson, Indianapolis Colts
We did it! After a preseason of wanting to see Anthony Richardson flash his fantasy potential, we finally got a glimpse of how friendly his profile is. The 47 opportunities (passes-plus-rushes) is the number I liked the most from his NFL debut – he almost can’t fail if that usage is here to stay.
If I were a Colts fan, I'd be thrilled with the way Anthony Richardson played on Sunday. Some plays I'm sure he wants back, but played fast and never for a second looked out of place.
Look at the anticipation and placement on this throw.
So much to like from the jump. pic.twitter.com/iKOrsmRcxg
— Robert Mays (@robertmays) September 13, 2023
When you dig a little deeper into the play-calling, you’ll be even more encouraged. The Colts called three straight pass plays to open their season. They are confident in Richardson and not just trying to control the tempo. His rushing TD came by way of a draw from two yards out, and we know Shane Steichen is more than willing to let his QB call his number in close.
The rookie slips just inside my top 10 at the position this week and could prove to be in that second tier of fantasy signal-caller before long. Giddy up!
Geno Smith, Seattle Seahawks
We preached this summer that regression was a concern for Smith, a QB who struggled for a decade before his breakout 2022 season. Well, that certainly was the case in a pitiful season opener that saw him pass for just 112 yards against an undermanned Rams defense.
As bad as the passing was, the one carry for six yards scared me. The best way for Smith to offset any backward steps taken through the air is to repeat the rushing numbers from last year.
On the bright side, Smith totaled 369 yards and three scores against these Lions last season. He still carries plenty of upside in a game that could easily be a shootout, though the risk does have him outside of my top 10 at the position.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.