Who faces off on Sunday Night Football tonight in Week 17? The Minnesota Vikings (7-8) head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers (12-3). Green Bay leads the NFL standings in the NFC with 12 wins and needs just one more to clinch the No. 1 seed. With the recent news out of Minnesota, the night just got a bit easier for the Packers. Continue reading below for more information regarding the start time, channel, and live stream options for Sunday Night Football, as well as a preview and prediction for the game.
What channel is Sunday Night Football tonight?
- Channel: NBC
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Sunday Night Football live streams:
- NBC Sports App
- Hulu Live TV
- YouTube TV
- Locast (select markets)
- AT&T TV
- NFL Mobile App
On Friday, Vikings QB Kirk Cousins tested positive for COVID-19, meaning Minnesota’s starting signal-caller will miss the game. Wishing Cousins a swift recovery, but the absence significantly hampers Minnesota’s chances of making the playoffs. This week, the Vikings activated backup QB Sean Mannion from the COVID/reserve list, but it won’t make much difference.
As good as RBs Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison have been this season, the clear driver of the Vikings’ offense is Cousins. The ripple effect on the Vikings’ offensive playmakers turns what could’ve been an intriguing Sunday Night Football matchup into a presumed blowout. There are even mumblings of rookie QB Kellen Mond getting some snaps if the game gets out of hand.
Minnesota has had plenty of chances this season — a positive test from Cousins can only be blamed so much, though.
Packers cruise to the NFC’s No. 1 seed tonight on Sunday Night Football
Green Bay has won four straight, and despite some thrillers against questionable opponents, they look like the most complete team in the league.
QB Aaron Rodgers is having another MVP-caliber season throwing for 3,689 yards, 33 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions. WR Davante Adams and RB Aaron Jones are still perennial studs at their positions. The defense is playing well. For the most part, they are making things easy for Rodgers and the offense.
All of the success the Packers have accumulated in the 2021 season can be rewarded with a win on Sunday Night Football tonight. With a one-game lead in the NFC, a win against the Cousins-less Vikings can seal the road to the Lombardi Trophy goes through Lambeau. The Packers avenge their Week 11 loss to the Vikings and roll into Week 18 with the No. 1 seed in hand.
Vikings vs. Packers Score Prediction: Packers 42, Vikings 13
Sunday Night Football Schedule: September
- Chicago Bears at Los Angeles Rams – September 12
- Final: Rams 34, Bears 14
- Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens – September 19
- Final: Ravens 36, Chiefs 35
- Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers – September 26
- Final: Packers 30, 49ers 28
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New England Patriots – October 3
- Final: Buccaneers 19, Patriots 17
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs – October 10
- Final: Bills 38, Chiefs 20
- Seattle Seahawks at Pittsburgh Steelers – October 17
- Final: Steelers 23, Seahawks 20 (OT)
- Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers – October 24
- Final: Colts 30, 49ers 18
- Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings – October 31
- Final: Cowboys 20, Vikings 16
- Tennessee Titans at Los Angeles Rams – November 7
- Final: Titans 28, Rams 16
- Kansas City Chiefs at Las Vegas Raiders – November 14
- Final: Chiefs 41, Raiders 14
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Los Angeles Chargers – November 21
- Final: Chargers 41, Steelers 37
- Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens – November 28
- Final: Ravens 16, Browns 10
- Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs – December 5
- Final: Chiefs 22, Broncos 9
- Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers – December 12
- Final: Packers 45, Bears 30
- New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers – December 19
- Final: Saints 9, Buccaneers 0
- Washington Football Team at Dallas Cowboys – December 26
- Final: Cowboys 56, Washington 14
- Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers – January 2
- Week 18 TBD – January 9