Who wraps up NFL action in Week 16 on Monday Night Football tonight? The Miami Dolphins take their six-game win streak to the Big Easy as they take on the New Orleans Saints. Both teams need every win over the next three weeks to keep pace in the NFL standings and maintain playoff relevancy. Can Miami keep rolling its way towards an AFC Wild Card berth, or will Saints QB Ian Book play spoiler in his first NFL start? Continue reading below for more information regarding the start time, channel, and live stream options for Monday Night Football in Week 16.
Who plays on Monday Night Football tonight?
- Game: Miami Dolphins (7-7) at New Orleans Saints (7-7)
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
Monday Night Football | Channel, start time, live stream
- Channel: ESPN
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Monday Night Football Live Streams:
- ESPN App
- Hulu + Live TV
- NFL Mobile App
- YouTube TV
What to expect from tonight’s Dolphins vs. Saints game?
Miami found a new way to win in Week 15. In QB Tua Tagovailoa’s worst game of the season, he finally found support from an unlikely source: RB Duke Johnson. Miami’s rushing attack has been atrocious this season. The Dolphins have rushed for just 86.6 yards per game, with Tua doing the heavy lifting through the air to keep the Fins ahead.
Miami signed Johnson off of the practice squad after a plethora of positive COVID-19 tests hit their RB room. Johnson became the first Miami RB to rush for 100 yards this season. Myles Gaskin is the next closest, with 89 yards against the Jets in Week 11.
Miami’s defense must match the Saints tonight in Monday Night Football
The Saints have had one of the most dominating defenses this season. Despite facing more drives since Jameis Winston’s injury, they are still suffocating offenses. Week 15’s 9-0 shutout of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was a grim reminder of just how tall this task will be for Miami.
However, the Dolphins’ defense has returned to last season’s form. The Saints’ offense has been lackluster as of late, and who knows what fans will be treated to tonight with the Saints’ fourth starting QB of the season. QBs Taysom Hill and Trevor Siemian were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, leaving rookie QB Ian Book as the only active QB on the roster.
Miami’s offense has lived and died under Tua outside of last week. He hasn’t been amazing, but he’s doing what needs to be done to grind out some wins down the stretch. Week 15’s rushing explosion was a good sign. With more RBs returning to the roster, the Dolphins’ offense will need to play lights out against its biggest test of the season tonight on Monday Night Football.
This Miami team is determined and has risen to the occasion over the past six games. With one goal in mind, bottling up RB Alvin Kamara will be the key to victory for the Dolphins, and he won’t have Hill leeching carries this week. Miami wins another close one.
Dolphins vs. Saints Prediction: Dolphins 23, Saints 17
Monday Night Football Schedule: September
- Baltimore Ravens at Las Vegas Raiders – September 13
- Final: Raiders 33, Ravens 27 (OT)
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers – September 20
- Final: Packers 35, Lions 17
- Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys – September 27
- Final: Cowboys 41, Eagles 21
- Las Vegas Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers – October 4
- Final: Chargers 28, Raiders 14
- Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens – October 11
- Final: Ravens 31, Colts 25 (OT)
- Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans – October 18
- Final: Titans 34, Bills 31
- New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks – October 25
- Final: Saints 13, Seahawks 10
- New York Giants at Kansas City Chiefs – November 1
- Final: Chiefs 20, Giants 17
- Chicago Bears at Pittsburgh Steelers – November 8
- Final: Steelers 29, Bears 27
- Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers – November 15
- Final: 49ers 31, Rams 10
- New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers – November 22
- Final: Buccaneers 30, Giants 10
- Seattle Seahawks at Washington Football Team – November 29
- Final: Washington 17, Seahawks 15
- New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills – December 6
- Final: Patriots 14, Bills 10
- Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals – December 13
- Final: Rams 30, Cardinals 23
- Las Vegas Raiders at Cleveland Browns – December 20 (Saturday game postponed to Monday)
- Final: Raiders 16, Browns 14
- Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears – December 20
- Final: Vikings 17, Bears 9
- Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints – December 27
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers – January 3