List of Super Bowl MVP Winners (Updated 2023)

Here is the list of all the Super Bowl MVP winners in the history of the biggest game, dating back to 1967.

Having your name on the long list of Super Bowl MVP winners is special. To make the Super Bowl is one achievement alone, but to be the player that made the biggest difference between your team winning or losing is extra special.

Super Bowl MVP Winners

Below is a list of all the Super Bowl MVP winners throughout the history of the game.

Super Bowls I-X

  • Super Bowl I
    QB Bart Starr
  • Super Bowl II
    QB Bart Starr
  • Super Bowl III
    QB Joe Namath
  • Super Bowl IV
    QB Len Dawson
  • Super Bowl V
    LB Chuck Howley
  • Super Bowl VI
    QB Roger Staubach
  • Super Bowl VII
    S Jake Scott
  • Super Bowl VIII
    RB Larry Csonka
  • Super Bowl IX
    RB Franco Harris 
  • Super Bowl X
    WR Lynn Swann

Super Bowls XI-XX

  • Super Bowl XI
    WR Fred Biletnikoff
  • Super Bowl XII
    DT Randy White and DE Harvey Martin
  • Super Bowl XIII
    QB Terry Bradshaw
  • Super Bowl XIV
    QB Terry Bradshaw
  • Super Bowl XV
    QB Jim Plunkett
  • Super Bowl XVI
    QB Joe Montana
  • Super Bowl XVII
    RB John Riggins
  • Super Bowl XVIII
    RB Marcus Allen
  • Super Bowl XIX
    QB Joe Montana
  • Super Bowl XX
    DE Richard Dent

Super Bowls XXI-XXX

  • Super Bowl XXI
    QB Phil Simms
  • Super Bowl XXII
    QB Doug Williams
  • Super Bowl XXIII
    WR Jerry Rice
  • Super Bowl XXIV
    QB Joe Montana
  • Super Bowl XXV
    RB Ottis Anderson
  • Super Bowl XXVI
    QB Mark Rypien
  • Super Bowl XXVII
    QB Troy Aikman
  • Super Bowl XXVIII
    RB Emmitt Smith
  • Super Bowl XXIX
    QB Steve Young
  • Super Bowl XXX
    CB Larry Brown

Super Bowls XXXI-XL

  • Super Bowl XXXI
    Kick/Punt returner Desmond Howard
  • Super Bowl XXXII
    RB Terrell Davis
  • Super Bowl XXXIII
    QB John Elway
  • Super Bowl XXXIV
    QB Kurt Warner
  • Super Bowl XXXV
    LB Ray Lewis
  • Super Bowl XXXVI
    QB Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl XXXVII
    S Dexter Jackson
  • Super Bowl XXXVIII
    QB Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl XXXIX
    WR Deion Branch
  • Super Bowl XL
    WR Hines Ward

Super Bowls XLI-L

  • Super Bowl XLI
    QB Peyton Manning
  • Super Bowl XLII
    QB Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl XLIII
    WR Santonio Holmes
  • Super Bowl XLIV
    QB Drew Brees
  • Super Bowl XLV
    QB Aaron Rodgers
  • Super Bowl XLVI
    QB Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl XLVII
    QB Joe Flacco
  • Super Bowl XLVIII
    LB Malcolm Smith
  • Super Bowl XLIX
    QB Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl L
    OLB Von Miller

Super Bowls LI-LVI

  • Super Bowl LI
    QB Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl LII
    QB Nick Foles
  • Super Bowl LIII
    WR Julian Edelman
  • Super Bowl LIV
    QB Patrick Mahomes
  • Super Bowl LV
    QB Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl LVI
    WR Cooper Kupp
  • Super Bowl LVII
    QB Patrick Mahomes
  • Super Bowl LVIII
    QB Patrick Mahomes

Who Has Won the Most Super Bowl MVPs?

No player has won the Super Bowl MVP award more than quarterback Tom Brady. Throughout his legendary 22-year career, Brady won the Super Bowl MVP award five different times.

MORE: List of Super Bowl Single-Game Record Holders

Brady earned his first Super Bowl MVP in Super Bowl 36, followed by winning the award in Super Bowls 38, 49, 51, and 55. The next player closest to Brady is quarterback Joe Montana, who won three Super Bowl MVPs between 1982 and 1990.

Who Votes for the Super Bowl MVP?

The Super Bowl MVP voting system is a bit complex. The MVP is chosen by a panel of 16 football writers and broadcasters, and, since Super Bowl XXXV in 2001, fans voting electronically.

The media panel’s ballots count for 80% of the vote tally, while the viewers’ ballots make up the other 20%. Fans can vote online. Media voters are asked to vote with about five minutes remaining in the game but are allowed to change their minds when the game ends. They can nominate one player from each team, with instructions to count their vote for the player on the winning team.

Listen to the PFN Inside Access Podcast!

Listen to the PFN Inside Access Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms.  Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review!

Related Stories

Related Articles

0
Share your thoughts!x