Former NFL FB Bruce Miller Reported to Capitol Police for Threatening Congressman

Former NFL San Francisco 49ers fullback Bruce Miller was reported to capital police for threats made to a congressman.

Former San Francisco 49ers fullback Bruce Miller didn’t draw many football-related headlines during his pro career. After all, he was just a rotational contributor and special teamer.

But he created quite a stir the other day when he sent a threatening Twitter message to Eric Swalwell, reportedly “threatening to execute” the California congressman.


PFSN NFL Playoff Predictor
Try out PFSN’s NFL Playoff Predictor, where you can simulate every 2026-27 NFL season game and see how it all shakes out!

Bruce Miller Threatens Eric Swalwell

Per a CBS News report, Miller’s message read as follows: “Almost time !!! Would you rather Guantanamo or just execution … f**kin traitor.”

Swalwell was understandably perturbed by Miller’s message — and curious as to how Miller had accrued a following of greater than 50,000. So he decided to share this message with the public on his own Twitter account.

“Who is this guy threatening to execute me? And how does he have so many followers?”

Swalwell later stated he was concerned enough by the aggressive message that he reported it to the Capitol Police.

MORE: FREE 2024 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Trades

Miller responded to Swalwell in a lengthy Twitter thread of his own, stating that his intent was to “troll” and that he was merely “playing a harmless game of ‘would you rather?'”

“I was content with trolling corrupt politicians in my (Direct Messages), but since you want to make a story out of it then that’s what we’ll do. That was in no way a threat to you or your family,” Miller tweeted.

Miller went on to accuse the congressman of treason, concluding his diatribe with, “I’m an American who is sick of watching the corrupt establishment destroy our country.”

It was stated previously that Miller didn’t draw many football-related headlines during his pro career. And that is true. But he did draw headlines of another kind.

The aforementioned CBS News report links to two others from the same outlet, neither of which paints Miller in a particularly flattering light.

Miller’s Troubled Past

The first, chronologically, covers a June 2015 domestic incident involving Miller and his ex-fiancé. It was alleged that he pushed her out of a car and then smashed her cell phone; she later amended that statement and said that there was no physical contact.

The second, a little over a year later, involved serious consequences for Miller. In fact, it all but ended his pro football career.

Miller purportedly attacked a 29-year-old man and his 70-year-old father at the San Francisco Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel early on the morning of Sept. 5, 2016. Miller, who is believed to have been intoxicated at the time of this incident, tried to enter the older man’s room. When the son, staying in an adjacent room, tried to intervene, Miller charged him.

He was also said to have struck the elderly man with a closed fist and, perhaps most frighteningly, to have hit both men with the older man’s cane. Miller racked up over half a dozen felony charges for this incident and got his walking papers from the 49ers soon thereafter.

He had a cup of coffee with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2020, four years later, but it’s safe to say his pro career is over after this latest incident. Whether or not there’ll be any legal ramifications for his social media behavior remains to be seen.

Free Tools from PFSN

Free Tools from PFSN