BYU Football Makes Final Decision on WR Parker Kingston Amid Investigation Reports

BYU football program announced a final statement on wide receiver Parker Kingston after his arrest regarding a first-degree felony charge.

Wide receiver Parker Kingston was among the standout players that BYU head coach Kalani Sitake was counting on for a strong 2026 season. However, Kingston’s ongoing legal issues prevented those plans from coming to fruition.

PFSN 2026-2027 CFB Playoff Predictor
Play out the entire college football season with PFSN's CFB Playoff Predictor to see what it means for conference standings and the CFB playoffs!

BYU Football Makes Parker Kingston Decision After Arrest on Serious Charges

BYU announced on Friday that Kingston is no longer enrolled at the university following his arrest earlier this week on a first-degree felony rape charge. According to ESPN, Jon McBride, a spokesperson for the Cougars, said that the program only became aware of the investigation and the allegations against Kingston after his arrest.

BYU Football also issued a statement, which read:

“As of Friday, Parker Kingston is no longer a student at Brigham Young University and is no longer a member of the BYU football team. University administration and athletic administration, including BYU head coach Kalani Sitake, were only made aware of the investigation and allegations after Kingston’s arrest this past Wednesday, February 11.”

McBride did not clarify whether Kingston left voluntarily or was expelled. The charges stem from a year-long investigation that began in Feb. 2025. The alleged victim spoke with a forensic investigator in June.

Kingston was originally held without bail but was later granted bail by Washington County Judge John Walton during his first court appearance Friday afternoon, set at $100,000.

Conditions of his release require him to wear a GPS ankle monitor for at least 60 days, remain out of Washington County except for court appearances, and avoid contact with the alleged victim. He must also remove all social media apps from his phone and refrain from speaking to the press about the case.

These conditions were approved by Judge Walton and agreed upon by Deputy Washington County Attorney Ryan J. Shaum and Kingston’s attorney, Cara Tangaro. Kingston’s next court date is scheduled for Feb. 25 at 10:30 a.m.

Kingston’s departure is a huge loss for BYU football, as he led the Cougars with 67 receptions for 928 yards and 5 touchdowns last season. He is the only player in school history to record a passing touchdown, rushing touchdown, receiving touchdown, and punt return touchdown in his career. He ranks 17th in the PFSN’s CFB WR Impact Metric with an 82.0 score.

Meanwhile, Kingston’s case marks second time such high-profile allegations are levied against a BYU football player in the past year. In May, former quarterback Jake Retzlaff faced a civil lawsuit with similar charges, which was dismissed with prejudice by both parties in June.

More CFB Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More CFB Articles

‘Overrated’ — Lane Kiffin’s Ed Orgeron Addition Exposes LSU’s Biggest Flaw Under Brian Kelly

Following Lane Kiffin's hiring of Ed Orgeron, JD Pickell said LSU was missing the physicality under Brian Kelly that once defined the Tigers.

‘Take Shots’ — Steve Sarkisian Finds Unexpected Support After Texas Tech Dig

Former NFL linebacker David Pollack publicly supoorted Steve Sarkisian after his latest dig at Texas Tech about the CFP race.

‘I Don’t Give a Damn’ — Texas HC Steve Sarkisian Clarifies Ole Miss Basket Weaving Remarks

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian caused widespread discourse among fans and analysts last week when he pointed out the Ole Miss Rebels' competitive advantage in...