The Boston Celtics are having a strong season with a 43-22 record and sit second in the Eastern Conference.
Their 125-116 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday night, however, has sparked more discussion about Jaylen Brown than about the result itself. Following the game, Brown showed visible frustration, and analysts are now predicting potential consequences from the league.
Ex-NBA Player Foresees League Discipline for Jaylen Brown Following Online Remarks About Officials
Brown was ejected during the second quarter of Tuesday’s game after he received back-to-back technical fouls.
The incident occurred near the sideline when Brown lost possession of the ball while being defended by Spurs guard Stephon Castle. Brown believed he had been pushed out of bounds and immediately turned toward referee Tyler Ford to argue the call.
Ford issued Brown his first technical foul as the Celtics forward continued to protest. As the exchange escalated, teammate Sam Hauser attempted to intervene and separate Brown from the referee. Despite the effort, Brown persisted, prompting official Suyash Mehta to issue a second technical foul, resulting in Brown’s automatic ejection.
After leaving the court, Brown expressed his frustration on X, posting a message critical of the officiating decision: “This is the s*** I be talking about.”
The league has not yet announced any punishment for the 29-year-old star, but many analysts believe a fine is likely. On a recent episode of Run It Back TV, former NBA forward Chandler Parsons suggested the minimum penalty could be around $50,000.
“I think it’s 50 minimum,” Parsons said during the segment.
His co-host, former NBA guard Lou Williams, also agreed with that prediction.
“Some charity is getting a nice little whopping coming their way…get your money’s worth,” Williams added.
Both former players also noted another rule that many fans may not know: players are prohibited from using their phones 30 minutes before or after games until they complete required media duties.
Jaylen Brown will be fined at least $50K for tweeting about his ejection vs. the Spurs, says @ChandlerParsons 👀💰
“Remember Charlie Villanueva tweeting at halftime?” – CP
“Some charity is getting a nice little whopping…get your money’s worth.” – @TeamLou23@MichelleDBeadle pic.twitter.com/2LruBW1E87
— Run It Back (@RunItBackFDTV) March 11, 2026
If Brown does receive another fine, it would not be his first this season. In January, he was fined $35,000 for publicly criticizing officiating after Boston’s 100-95 loss to the Spurs on Jan. 10 at TD Garden. Those comments were made both during a press interview and on social media, prompting league action.
As for Tuesday’s game itself, Boston began well, leading by two points at the end of the first quarter. The score was tied 58-58 at halftime, but the Celtics struggled to match San Antonio’s pace in the second half, managing only 58 points after the break. The Spurs pulled away to secure the win.
Brown finished with 8 points before his ejection, while teammate Jayson Tatum scored 24. For now, it remains uncertain whether the NBA will fine Brown for the incident and his comments online.
