Week 13 brings with it the end of the regular season in most fantasy leagues, with the playoffs kicking off in Week 14. Week 12 brought with it the chaos we’ve come to expect from the 2020 fantasy football season. We had injuries, illness, and the rollercoaster of the Ravens and Steelers game ending with running back committees of Gus Edwards and Justice Hill taking on Benny Snell Jr. and Anthony McFarland Jr. Our Week 13 fantasy RB rankings will tell you all you need to know when setting your lineups.
What to keep in mind heading into Week 13 and searching for the best fantasy football running back
The last bye week of the season means that fantasy managers will have to prepare to be without some of their starters this week. If you have Christian McCaffrey on your roster, then you’ve likely made other plans for the majority of the season, but you’ll have to wait another week. Both him and his backup, Mike Davis, are on a bye this week. The Bucs’ week off will leave you without fantasy football standout running back Ronald Jones.
Josh Jacobs was ruled out on Friday, leaving fantasy managers scrambling to try and replace him. Devontae Booker is expected to see the majority of the touches and has risen up the Week 13 fantasy RB rankings but has big shoes to fill. James Conner and Todd Gurley could also miss the game, so fantasy managers should check for injury updates before the game.
Fantasy RB Rankings Week 13: Sleepers, must-starts, potential busts
Note: Please keep in mind that these are PPR RB rankings. PPR in fantasy means that a running back gets an additional full point for each reception. This can play a big factor when deciding which players to put into your lineups and makes volume all that much more important.
Tier 1: Top 10 Fantasy RBs in Week 13
1) Dalvin Cook vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
2) James Robinson at Minnesota Vikings
3) Austin Ekeler vs. New England Patriots
4) Derrick Henry vs. Cleveland Browns
5) Alvin Kamara at Atlanta Falcons
The top 5 running backs in Week 13 have some interesting matchups
Our top two fantasy running backs in our rankings are playing in the same game this week as Dalvin Cook’s Minnesota Vikings and James Robinson’s Jacksonville Jaguars go head to head. The Jaguars have continually struggled to stop running backs, and Cook has been outstanding this season. Robinson has dominated touches and continues to be used no matter what situation the Jaguars are in.
Austin Ekeler’s return from injury saw him pick up exactly where he left off, showing the dynamism and ability to play on all three downs that have made him one of the most valuable fantasy RBs. Another running back who has traditionally been just as effective catching passes as running the ball is Alvin Kamara, but his ceiling looks to have been capped by Taysom Hill, who often rushes in the red zone and rarely looks to Kamara as a receiver.
Another game that should go through the running backs is the Tennessee Titans vs. the Cleveland Browns. Derrick Henry has touched that ball more times than any running back and looks unstoppable. He should continue to be the focal point of the offense.
The running backs that round out the top 10
6) Aaron Jones vs. Philadelphia Eagles
7) Miles Sanders at Green Bay Packers
8) Chris Carson vs. New York Giants
9) Nick Chubb at Tennessee Titans
10) James Conner vs. Washington Football Team
On the other side of the game is the Browns’ two-headed monster of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. The RB duo has continued to pile up production, and Chubb should impress again.
The other running backs in our top 10 include Aaron Jones, who had his most rushing yards since Week 2 last week. He had his fewest receptions of the season, but the Packers should be able to move the ball. Chris Carson faces a middling New York Giants run defense but benefits from being one of the top offenses in the league.
James Conner handles a heavy workload when available and should continue to do so, even if the Washington Football Team has performed well against running backs. Miles Sanders and the Eagles are likely to be playing from behind but go against a Packers team that has continually surrendered fantasy points to RBs.
Tier 2: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
11) D’Andre Swift at Chicago Bears
12) Antonio Gibson at Pittsburgh Steelers
13) Todd Gurley vs. New Orleans Saints
14) Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs. Denver Broncos
15) Raheem Mostert vs. Buffalo Bills
16) David Montgomery vs. Detroit Lions
17) David Johnson vs. Indianapolis Colts
18) Kareem Hunt at Tennessee Titans
19) Damien Harris at Los Angeles Chargers
20) Nyheim Hines at Houston Texans
Tier 3: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
21) Devontae Booker at New York Jets
22) Ezekiel Elliott at Baltimore Ravens
23) J.D. McKissic at Pittsburgh Steelers
24) Giovani Bernard at Miami Dolphins
25) Kenyan Drake vs. Los Angeles Rams
26) J.K. Dobbins vs. Dallas Cowboys
27) Melvin Gordon at Kansas City Chiefs
28) Darrell Henderson at Arizona Cardinals
29) James White at Los Angeles Chargers
30) Myles Gaskin vs. Cincinnati Bengals
The best of the rest
Tier 4: Fantasy RBs in Week 14
31) Wayne Gallman at Seattle Seahawks
32) Jonathan Taylor at Houston Texans
33) Devin Singletary at San Francisco 49ers
34) Chase Edmonds vs. Los Angeles Rams
35) Jamaal Williams vs. Philadelphia Eagles
36) Zack Moss at San Francisco 49ers
37) Wayne Gallman at Seattle Seahawks
38) Salvon Ahmed vs. Cincinnati Bengals
39) Frank Gore vs. Las Vegas Raiders
40) Latavius Murray at Atlanta Falcons
Tier 5: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
41) Le’Veon Bell vs. Denver Broncos
42) Kalen Ballage vs. New England Patriots
43) Malcolm Brown at Arizona Cardinals
44) Cam Akers at Arizona Cardinals
45) Jerick McKinnon vs. Buffalo Bills
46) Tony Pollard at Baltimore Ravens
47) Phillip Lindsay at Kansas City Chiefs
48) Jordan Wilkins at Houston Texans
49) Brian Hill vs. New Orleans Saints
50) Duke Johnson vs. Indianapolis Colts
Tier 6: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
51) Gus Edwards vs. Dallas Cowboys
52) Carlos Hyde vs. New York Giants
53) Adrian Peterson at Chicago Bears
54) Matt Breida vs. Cincinnati Bengals
55) Benny Snell vs. Washington Football Team
56) Tevin Coleman vs. Buffalo Bills
57) Justin Jackson vs. New England Patriots
58) Samaje Perine at Miami Dolphins
59) Sony Michel at Los Angeles Chargers
60) Mark Ingram vs. Dallas Cowboys
Tier 7: Fantasy RBs in Week 13
61) Kerryon Johnson at Chicago Bears
62) Boston Scott at Green Bay Packers
63) Jeff Wilson Jr vs. Buffalo Bills
64) Kerryon Johnson at Chicago Bears
65) Peyton Barber at Pittsburgh Steelers
Want more fantasy football analysis and news?
Be sure to follow us on Twitter: @PFN365 to stay up to date with all things around the NFL and the 2020 fantasy football season. Also, continue to visit Pro Football Network for NFL news and in-depth analysis while also visiting our fantasy football section for more coverage and up-to-date rankings.