Heading into Week 16 of the NFL season, what are the current NFL odds in terms of teams making the playoffs? Additionally, which NFL teams have playoff-clinching scenarios in Week 16? Which teams can conquer the NFL standings and win their division this week as the season draws to a close?
NFL Playoff Odds | Week 16
What are the odds for each of the NFL teams remaining in the playoff race to make the postseason? Which NFL teams still have it in their hands according to the sportsbooks, and who might need some help?
Odds courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook and correct as of 6 AM ET on December 22.
Odds to make the NFL playoffs
- Atlanta Falcons: Yes +1800; No -10000
- Baltimore Ravens: Yes -110; No -110
- Buffalo Bills: Yes -450; No +330
- Carolina Panthers: Yes +50000
- Chicago Bears: Yes +50000
- Cincinnati Bengals: Yes -130; No +110
- Cleveland Browns: Yes +400; No -550
- Denver Broncos: Yes +1000; No -3500
- Indianapolis Colts: Yes -400; No +300
- Kansas City Chiefs: No +2500
- Las Vegas Raiders: Yes +550; No -1200
- Los Angeles Chargers: Yes -300; No +225
- Los Angeles Rams: Yes -10000; No +1600
- Miami Dolphins: Yes +700; No -1400
- Minnesota Vikings: Yes +200; No -280
- New Orleans Saints: Yes +110; No -125
- New York Giants: Yes +50000
- Philadelphia Eagles: Yes +125; No -165
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Yes +350; No -500
- Tennessee Titans: Yes -2500; No +900
- San Francisco 49ers: Yes -550; No +400
- Seattle Seahawks: Yes +10000
Odds to win the division
- AFC East: Patriots -175, Bills +130, Dolphins +10000
- AFC North: Bengals +125, Ravens +160, Browns +550, Steelers +700
- AFC South: Titans -800, Colts +550
- AFC West: Chiefs -1800, Chargers +1100, Broncos +5500
- NFC South: Buccaneers -10000, Saints +4000
- NFC West: Cardinals -140, Rams +120, 49ers +3500
Editors’ Note: The NFC North belongs to the Green Bay Packers, and no odds were available for the NFC East (the Cowboys are three games in front and would presumably be heavy favorites over the Eagles).
NFL playoff-clinching scenarios for Week 16
Which teams can clinch playoff spots in Week 16, and can any more divisions be locked up after we saw the NFC North clinched last week?
Kansas City Chiefs clinching scenarios
There are no odds available for the Chiefs to make the NFL playoffs, and they are a long shot to miss the playoffs.
The Chiefs have the opportunity to clinch the division if they win and the Chargers lose or tie. If the Chiefs tie with the Steelers, they can clinch the division if the Chargers lose. The Chiefs can also clinch a playoff spot without clinching the division.
- Chiefs win
- Chiefs win & Bengals loss
- Chiefs win & Ravens loss
- Chiefs win & Colts loss
- Chiefs win & Bills loss
New England Patriots clinching scenarios
The Patriots can clinch the AFC East if they win and the Dolphins either lose or tie against the Saints. They also have the opportunity to clinch a playoff spot, but only if they beat the Bills in Week 16. If the Patriots win, they would need certain circumstances to be met to clinch a playoff spot.
- Patriots win, Ravens loss, Steelers loss or tie, & Browns loss or tie
- Patriots win, Ravens loss, Steelers loss or tie, & Colts loss or tie
- Patriots win, Bengals loss, & Colts loss or tie
- Patriots win, Chargers loss, & Colts loss or tie
- Patriots win, Chargers loss, & Raiders loss or tie
Tennessee Titans clinching scenarios
The final team in the AFC that has clinching scenarios for the NFL playoffs in 2021 is the Titans. The Titans have the opportunity to clinch the AFC South. However, for that to happen, they need to win and for the Colts to lose their Week 16 matchup. The Titans can also clinch a playoff spot without winning the division. In that scenario, they’d need a number of things to fall right.
- Titans win, Bills loss, Dolphins loss or tie, Browns loss or tie, Steelers loss or tie, & Broncos loss or tie
- Titans win, Bills loss, Dolphins loss or tie, Browns loss or tie, Ravens loss or tie, & Broncos loss or tie
- Titans win, Bills loss, Dolphins loss or tie, & multiple strength-of-victory scenarios
Arizona Cardinals clinching scenarios
The Cardinals do not have a path to clinch the NFC West this week. Nonetheless, they do have an opportunity to clinch a playoff spot thanks to several different scenarios.
There are actually no NFL playoff odds for the Cardinals on DraftKings because they have three chances to clinch a spot simply by winning or tying a single game. Even if the Cardinals do not win, they can still clinch a playoff spot in other scenarios.
- Cardinals win or tie
- 49ers loss & Vikings loss or tie
- 49ers loss & Eagles loss or tie
- 49ers loss & Saints loss or tie
- Vikings loss or tie & Eagles loss or tie
- Vikings loss or tie & Saints loss or tie
- Eagles loss or tie & Saints loss or tie
Dallas Cowboys clinching scenarios
The Cowboys also do not have any playoff odds for Week 16 of the NFL season. They are another team that simply needs to win one more game. Here are the scenarios for the Cowboys to clinch the NFC East.
- Cowboys win or loss
- Eagles loss or tie
- Clinch the strength-of-victory tiebreaker over the Eagles (need 1.5 wins from the Vikings, Falcons, Patriots, Jaguars, Raiders, and Chargers)
Additionally, the Cowboys have three scenarios to clinch a playoff spot based on the results of other NFC teams.
- Saints loss or tie
- Buccaneers win or tie
- 49ers loss
Los Angeles Rams clinching scenarios
The Rams have a relatively simple pair of scenarios for clinching an NFL playoff spot in Week 16. If the Rams win or tie, they will clinch. However, even if they lose, they can still clinch. That other scenario involves an Eagles loss or tie and a Saints loss or tie.
The Rams cannot clinch the division this week but can pile the pressure on the Cardinals, who currently have the tiebreaker for the NFC West. Right now, the Cardinals have the advantage with a divisional record of 4-1 (compared to 3-2 for the Rams).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers clinching scenarios
The Buccaneers have no NFL playoff odds in Week 16 as they have scenarios to clinch both the NFC South and/or a playoff spot this week. If the Buccaneers win, they take the division. Additionally, the Buccaneers win the NFC South regardless of their result if the Saints lose.
If the Buccaneers lose, they can still clinch a playoff spot. They need the Vikings to lose or tie and then either Dallas to win or tie or the Eagles to lose or tie. There are other scenarios that involve them clinching at least a tie in the strength-of-victory tiebreaker over the Eagles.