Those injuries are never more keenly felt than on a short week, and that is the case for both the New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers today. Let’s take a look at tonight’s NFL inactives, the latest injury report, and starting lineups for both teams.
Who Are the Inactives for Thursday Night Football Tonight?
New York Giants Inactives
- RB Saquon Barkley
- LT Andrew Thomas
- LG Ben Bredeson
- OLB Azeez Ojulari
- DT Jordon Riley
- S Gervarrius Owens
- DB Cor’Dale Flott
Inactives will be updated when announced.
San Francisco 49ers Inactives
- WR Brandon Aiyuk
- QB Brandon Allen
- DT Kalia Davis
- RB Tyrion Davis-Price
- LB Jalen Graham
- CB Ambry Thomas
- OG Nick Zakelj
Latest Injury Report News and Updates
The Giants have had a rough week injury-wise, with struggles on both sides of the ball. The Giants’ injury report saw Barkley and Bredeson absent from practice all week and ruled out Wednesday.
Ojulari and Thomas both managed limited practice participation all week, but they will also not suit up today.
That is not the end of the Giants’ woes, either. LB Micah McFadden (neck) and WR Wan’Dale Robinson (knee) are both questionable for tonight. They managed limited practices all week, but as we saw with Ojulari and Thomas, that does not mean they will definitively play this week.
MORE: NFL Standings
As for the 49ers, they had it slightly better. The 49ers’ Wednesday injury report does not have anyone ruled out, with two players listed as questionable.
WR Brandon Aiyuk is dealing with a shoulder injury that meant he was designated as not participating on Monday. He did manage to return to practice on Tuesday and remained limited on Wednesday. While not officially ruled out, Aiyuk is not expected to play tonight, per Adam Schefter.
CB Ambry Thomas was limited all week and carries a questionable tag himself into Thursday. Losing both Thomas and Aiyuk would be huge for the 49ers.
What Are the Starting Lineups for Each Team?
Giants Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current Giants depth chart.
- Quarterback: Daniel Jones
- Running Back: Matt Breida
- Wide Receiver: Darius Slayton, Parris Campbell, and Isaiah Hodgins
- Tight End: Darren Waller
- Left Offensive Tackle: Matt Peart
- Left Offensive Guard: Joshua Ezeudu
- Center: John Michael Schmitz
- Right Offensive Guard: Mark Glowinski
- Right Offensive Tackle: Evan Neal
- Defensive End: Leonard Williams
- Defensive Tackle: A’Shawn Robinson
- Nose Tackle: Dexter Lawrence II
- Right Outside Linebacker: Kayvon Thibodeaux
- Right Inside Linebacker: Bobby Okereke
- Left Inside Linebacker: Micah McFadden
- Left Outside Linebacker: Jihad Ward
- Left Cornerback: Tre Hawkins III
- Right Cornerback: Deonte Banks
- Free Safety: Jason Pinnock
- Strong Safety: Xavier McKinney
- Kicker: Graham Gano
- Punter: Jamie Gillan
- Long Snapper: Casey Kreiter
- Punt Returner: Eric Gray
- Kickoff Returner: Eric Gray
49ers Projected Starters
The projected starting lineup is based on the current 49ers depth chart.
- Quarterback: Brock Purdy
- Running Back: Christian McCaffrey
- Fullback: Kyle Juszczyk
- Wide Receiver: Deebo Samuel and Ray-Ray McCloud III
- Tight End: George Kittle
- Left Offensive Tackle: Trent Williams
- Left Offensive Guard: Aaron Banks
- Center: Jake Brendel
- Right Offensive Guard: Spencer Burford
- Right Offensive Tackle: Colton McKivitz
- Left Defensive End: Nick Bosa
- Left Defensive Tackle: Javon Hargrave
- Right Defensive End: Drake Jackson
- Right Defensive Tackle: Arik Armstead
- Strong Linebacker: Oren Burks
- Middle Linebacker: Fred Warner
- Weak Side Linebacker: Dre Greenlaw
- Left Cornerback: Charvarius Ward
- Right Cornerback: Deommodore Lenoir
- Free Safety: Tashaun Gipson Jr.
- Strong Safety: Talanoa Hufanga
- Kicker: Jake Moody
- Punter: Mitch Wishnowsky
- Long Snapper: Taybor Pepper
- Punt Returner: Ray-Ray McCloud III
- Kickoff Returner: Ray-Ray McCloud III