The New York Giants‘ coaching staff under head coach Brian Daboll made incredible strides in their first year. Heading into 2023, the Giants are returning the staff in full at the major positions. They’ve added a couple of new position coaches, as well as promoted other internal staff members to different roles. Here is the full 2023 Giants coaching staff.
New York Giants Coaching Staff
- Brian Daboll, Head Coach
- Mike Kafka, Offensive Coordinator
- Shea Tierney, Quarterbacks
- Christian Jones, Assistant Quarterbacks
- Jeff Nixon, Running Backs
- Mike Groh, Wide Receivers
- Andy Bischoff, Tight Ends
- Bobby Johnson, Offensive Line
- Chris Smith, Assistant Offensive Line
- Christian Daboll, Offensive Assistant
- Angela Baker, Offensive Assistant
- Don “Wink” Martindale, Defensive Coordinator
- Andre Patterson, Defensive Line
- Bryan Cox, Assistant Defensive Line
- Drew Wilkins, Outside Linebackers
- John Egorugwu, Inside Linebackers
- Jerome Henderson, Defensive Backs
- Michael Treier, Safeties
- Kevin Wilkins, Defensive Assistant
- Thomas McGaughey, Special Teams Coordinator
- Anthony Blevins, Assistant Special Teams
- Stephen Thomas, Assistant Special Teams
New Changes to Giants Coaching Staff in 2023
For the 2023 season, Daboll made several changes to the Giants’ coaching staff. For starters, he brought in Jeff Nixon to be the team’s new running backs coach. The two previously worked together back in 2011 with the Miami Dolphins.
Stephen Thomas comes over to be an assistant special teams coach. Thomas was previously in Detroit for the past four seasons as a defensive quality control coach for the Lions.
On the offensive line, Chris Smith is leaving Holy Cross, where he spent six seasons, to be an assistant OL coach for the Giants in 2023.
Michael Treier joined the Giants’ coaching staff in 2020 as a defensive quality control coach and then as an assistant DBs coach. Ahead of the 2023 season, Treier has been promoted to safeties coach.
Angela Baker, who was the inaugural recipient of the Rosie Brown Minority Coaching Fellowship, last season served as an offensive quality control coach. She is now an offensive assistant on New York’s coaching staff.
Christian Daboll joins the staff as an offensive assistant coach. Ben Buress, who spent last year as Football Data & Innovation Research Analyst, has been named a defensive assistant.