If someone tells you that it’s too early to look ahead to the next week of fantasy football, it’s time to rethink that friendship! You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
We’re working around the clock here at Pro Football Network to make sure that you have the information you need to dominate your league this season. With that in mind, here are my early Week 3 QB rankings.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which QBs Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Jalen Hurts | PHI, @ TB
2) Patrick Mahomes II | KC, vs. CHI
3) Josh Allen | BUF, @ WAS
4) Justin Herbert | LAC, @ MIN
5) Tua Tagovailoa | MIA, vs. DEN
6) Lamar Jackson | BAL, vs. IND
7) Trevor Lawrence | JAX, vs. HOU
8) Kirk Cousins | MIN, vs. LAC
9) Justin Fields | CHI, @ KC
10) Anthony Richardson | IND, @ BAL
11) Joe Burrow | CIN, vs. LAR
12) Dak Prescott | DAL, @ ARI
13) Jared Goff | DET, vs. ATL
14) Deshaun Watson | CLE, vs. TEN
15) Geno Smith | SEA, vs. CAR
16) Brock Purdy | SF, vs. NYG
17) Derek Carr | NO, @ GB
18) Daniel Jones | NYG, @ SF
19) Jordan Love | GB, vs. NO
20) Russell Wilson | DEN, @ MIA
21) Matthew Stafford | LAR, @ CIN
22) Sam Howell | WAS, vs. BUF
23) Kenny Pickett | PIT, @ LV
24) Mac Jones | NE, @ NYJ
25) Baker Mayfield | TB, vs. PHI
26) C.J. Stroud | HOU, @ JAX
27) Bryce Young | CAR, @ SEA
28) Jimmy Garoppolo | LV, vs. PIT
29) Desmond Ridder | ATL, @ DET
30) Ryan Tannehill | TEN, @ CLE
31) Joshua Dobbs | ARI, vs. DAL
32) Zach Wilson | NYJ, vs. NE
33) Gardner Minshew II | IND, @ BAL
34) Clayton Tune | ARI, vs. DAL
The Top QBs To Start in Week 2
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Miami Dolphins
We are now through two weeks of football — Tua Tagovailoa has thrown for an absurd 715 yards. With his stable of dynamic playmakers, Tua is lighting up the scoreboard both in real life and in fantasy football.
Tua Tagovailoa averaged the 4th-quickest time to throw (2.08 seconds) of any quarterback in a game since 2020.
— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) September 18, 2023
Moving forward, Tua’s in starting lineups no matter what the matchup is any given week. He’s looking incredibly sharp and accurate, he’s leading his receivers open, and they’re racking up the yardage for him.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
Denver’s a tough defense to play, but Tua should be in starting lineups as long as he’s healthy.
Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings
We faded Kirk Cousins hard last week up against this Philadelphia Eagles defense while he was playing behind a makeshift offensive line. It didn’t really matter much, though, as Cousins went on to throw for 364 yards and four touchdowns!
He now gets a matchup in Week 3 against a Los Angeles Chargers defense that has given up the most passing yards in the entire league through the first two weeks of the season. It’s a small sample size, so we shouldn’t make general sweeping declarations yet, but this defense just allowed Ryan Tannehill to throw for 246 yards on just 24 attempts.
If you have Cousins on your roster, he’s now moving into must-start territory due to the passing volume and the playmakers he has around him.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.