The Cowboys are currently 2-1, while the Patriots are 1-2. However, the Cowboys can’t let up this week, especially after an upsetting Week 3 loss.
Who Are the Inactives for Dallas Cowboys vs. New England Patriots?
Inactives will be updated when announced on Sunday 90 minutes before kickoff.
- OT Tyron Smith
- TE Peton Hendershot
- WR Jalen Brooks
- QB Trey Lance
- S Israel Mukuamu
- DE Viliami Fehoko
The Cowboys’ offensive line continues to struggle to stay healthy and has yet to start a game this season with all their starters on the field, but the only one missing from the line up this week will be Tyron Smith who is dealing with a knee injury.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 1, 2023
However, Dak Prescott is playing at an elite level, allowing the passing game to get them to the red zone. But the team will need to score this week as that has been their most significant drop-off.
The run defense will be tested this week, as they cannot allow the Patriots to find a rhythm at any point. The unit is still figuring out the best solution for the defensive backs without Trevon Diggs, but with both Jourdan Lewis and Donovan Wilson continuing their ramp-up, the pieces should start to fall in the Cowboys’ favor.
- G Cole Strange
- QB Will Grier
- WR Kayshon Boutte
- OL Tyron Wheatley Jr.
- CB Jonathan Jones
The Patriots’ defensive line and backfield are a concern going into this game. Prescott could open up the passing game reasonably quickly if the Cowboys’ offense can play fast and establish the run game early.
With the Patriots offense barely establishing their run game in their first win of the season against the New York Jets last week, this could be a good indication of how effective they can play once they get a rhythm going.
What are the Starting Lineups for Each Team?
- Quarterback: Dak Prescott
- Wide Receiver: CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks, Michael Gallup
- Running Back/Fullback: Tony Pollard, Rico Dowdle
- Tight End: Jake Ferguson
- Offensive Line (Left to Right): Chuma Edoga, Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, Zack Martin, Terence Steele
- Defensive Line: Demarcus Lawrence, Johnathan Hankins, Osa Odighizuwa, Dorance Armstrong
- Linebacker: Micah Parsons, Leighton Vander Esch
- Defensive Backs: Stephon Gilmore, DaRon Bland, Jourdan Lewis, Donovan Wilson, Malik Hooker, Jayron Kearse
- Quarterback: Mac Jones
- Wide Receiver: DeVante Parker, JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Running Back/Fullback: Rhamondre Stevenson, Ezekiel Elliott
- Tight End: Hunter Henry
- Offensive Line (Left to Right): Trent Brown, Atonio Mafi, David Andrews, Mike Onwenu, Calvin Anderson
- Defensive Line: Deatrich Wise Jr., Davon Godchaux, Christian Barmore, Lawrence Guy Sr.
- Linebacker: Matthew Judon, Ja’Whaun Bentley, Jahlani Tavai
- Defensive Backs: Jonathan Jones, Christian Gonzalez, Kyle Dugger, Jabrill Peppers
Listen to the PFN Cowboys Podcast
Listen to the PFN Cowboys Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Cowboys Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Cowboys Podcast on our NFL YouTube channel.