Day 6 of practice at training camp for the Dallas Cowboys has come to a close. As camp continues, the mix of older and younger talent comes together, and the competition is heightening.
Latest Practice Report From Dallas Cowboys Training Camp
Defensive end Sam Williams was spotted back in pads today after dealing with a shoulder strain for the last two practices, according to Cowboys staff writer Nick Harris. Head coach Mike McCarthy said earlier in the week that they wanted to work him in more.
Wide receiver Simi Fehoko returned to practice after suffering a quad contusion, according to Michael Gehlken with the Dallas Morning News.
Tight end Luke Schoonmaker was spotted in pads, getting some more work on the sidelines and working on his routes. He is recovering from a plantar fascia, which is a foot injury.
Highlights From The Day
- Nick Harris tweeted that both Brandon Aubrey and Tristan Vizcaino went 4 for 6 today.
- Welcome back, Simi Fehoko! Fehoko came in clutch when Cooper Rush passed to him on a fourth-down scenario and caught it with ease for a touchdown.
- Deuce Vaughn was getting some returner reps today during practice.
- In a video posted by Gehlken, Vaughn muffs the ball. It was none other than cornerback Kelvin Joseph with the recovery.
- Offensive tackle Tyron Smith got his revenge for the last practice on Micah Parsons as he was seen blocking Parsons and not allowing him to disrupt the pocket.
- Wide receiver Jalen Brooks had another good day at practice, especially getting reps with the backups.
- Running back Tony Pollard got in on some of the action today, showing that his speed is still a factor in his game.
- Cornerback Trevon Diggs did have an interception off of a pass by Prescott intended for Michael Gallup. And to clarify, the viral video of Diggs chirping at Prescott during the last practice was all in good competition. After practice, Diggs said, “At the end of the day, that’s my brother. I love Dak to death. There is nothing behind it. It’s just competitiveness. It’s just football.”
- The battle between Diggs and Gallup was on fire today! At one point, Gallup was seen by Bobby Belt beating out Diggs in the end zone.
- Cornerback Nahshon Wright got another interception, his second of camp.
- Cornerback Stephon Gilmore almost intercepted a pass by Prescott but didn’t keep two feet in bounds, so it would have been ruled incomplete in a game-time scenario.
- Linebacker DeMarvion Overshown highlighted his strength in special-teams work.
- Cornerback Daron Bland broke up a pass to CeeDee Lamb.
Cowboys’ Star of the Show
The star of the show today was cornerback Nahshon Wright. Wright is doing everything right at camp and ensuring he gets more opportunities.
As mentioned, he’s had two interceptions at camp now. His ability to read offenses has progressed, and he can establish leverage. Wright is taking advantage of the reps he got early on without Diggs in the mix, but even now, with him back in.
Wright is going into his third season and had one interception last year.
Listen to the PFN Cowboys Podcast
Listen to the PFN Cowboys Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Cowboys Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Cowboys Podcast on our NFL YouTube channel.