Week 3 is here and we have some fantasy football lineups to set. A slew of injuries have hit fantasy managers hard, so it’s time to regroup and take a look at the upcoming slate of games to find out who the best starts are.
We do the research at Pro Football Network so that you can feel confident you’re setting the best possible lineup each and every week. With that in mind, here are my top QBs to start heading into Week 3.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which Kicker Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Harrison Butker | KC | (vs. CHI)
2) Justin Tucker | BAL | (vs. IND)
3) Cameron Dicker | LAC | (@ MIN)
4) Evan McPherson | CIN | (vs. LAR)
5) Jake Elliott | PHI | (@ TB)
6) Jason Myers | SEA | (vs. CAR)
7) Jake Moody | SF | (vs. NYG)
8) Tyler Bass | BUF | (@ WAS)
9) Brandon McManus | JAX | (vs. HOU)
10) Riley Patterson | DET | (vs. ATL)
11) Greg Joseph | MIN | (vs. LAC)
12) Wil Lutz | DEN | (@ MIA)
13) Daniel Carlson | LV | (vs. PIT)
14) Dustin Hopkins | CLE | (vs. TEN)
15) Younghoe Koo | ATL | (@ DET)
16) Matt Gay | IND | (@ BAL)
17) Jason Sanders | MIA | (vs. DEN)
18) Anders Carlson | GB | (vs. NO)
19) Chris Boswell | PIT | (@ LV)
20) Eddy Pineiro | CAR | (@ SEA)
21) Cairo Santos | CHI | (@ KC)
22) Joey Slye | WAS | (vs. BUF)
23) Brandon Aubrey | DAL | (@ ARI)
24) Chase McLaughlin | TB | (vs. PHI)
25) Nick Folk | TEN | (@ CLE)
26) Austin Seibert | NYJ | (vs. NE)
27) Graham Gano | NYG | (@ SF)
28) Brett Maher | LAR | (@ CIN)
The Top Kickers To Start in Week 3
Jake Elliott, K, Philadelphia Eagles
Fantasy’s top kicker through two weeks is in another good spot against a pass-heavy Buccaneers team. Why do I note the offensive desires of the opponent? Passes result in quicker drives: passes are more likely than runs to gain chunk plays, and if they fail, the clock stops.
MORE: Fantasy News Tracker
This Eagles offense is among the most consistent in the league and figures to live on the plus-side of the field, putting Elliott in a great spot to remain the top producer at the position for this season.
Riley Patterson, K, Detroit Lions
He may only have one field goal on his 2023 ledger through two weeks, but he still profiles as a fine process play. The Lions average 32.9 points per game at home since the beginning of last season and will be without David Montgomery this week, potentially putting them in a more pass-heavy game plan than the first two weeks.
I trust this offense to move the ball and stabilize Patterson’s floor. His 88% career make rate on field goals has me confident that he can pay off the three-point chances when he gets them.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.