Week 2 is now here, which means that we have to prepare and set our fantasy football lineups! It’s not easy sifting through the mass chaos of news that flows out after Week 1, and that’s why I’ve compiled my Week 2 TE rankings right here for you!
We do the research here at Pro Football Network so you can set your lineup with supreme confidence every week. Let’s dive into my TE fantasy football rankings for Week 2.
Looking to make a trade in your fantasy league? Having trouble deciding who to start and who to sit? Check out PFN’s Free Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Start/Sit Optimizer to help you make the right decision!
Which TEs Should You Start in Fantasy Football?
1) Travis Kelce | KC, @ JAX
2) Mark Andrews | BAL, @ CIN
3) Darren Waller | NYG, @ ARI
4) Dallas Goedert | PHI, vs. MIN
5) T.J. Hockenson | MIN, @ PHI
6) Evan Engram | JAX, vs. KC
7) George Kittle | SF, @ LAR
8) David Njoku | CLE, @ PIT
9) Juwan Johnson | NO, @ CAR
10) Gerald Everett | LAC, @ TEN
11) Kyle Pitts | ATL, vs. GB
12) Sam LaPorta | DET, vs. SEA
13) Hunter Henry | NE, vs. MIA
14) Luke Musgrave | GB, @ ATL
15) Dalton Kincaid | BUF, vs. LV
16) Pat Freiermuth | PIT, vs. CLE
17) Tyler Higbee | LAR, vs. SF
18) Cole Kmet | CHI, @ TB
19) Hayden Hurst | CAR, vs. NO
20) Jake Ferguson | DAL, vs. NYJ
21) Chigoziem Okonkwo | TEN, vs. LAC
22) Logan Thomas | WAS, @ DEN
23) Dalton Schultz | HOU, vs. IND
24) Adam Trautman | DEN, vs. WAS
25) Irv Smith Jr. | CIN, vs. BAL
26) Taysom Hill | NO, @ CAR
27) Tyler Conklin | NYJ, @ DAL
28) Noah Fant | SEA, @ DET
29) Cade Otton | TB, vs. CHI
30) Dawson Knox | BUF, vs. LV
31) Trey McBride | ARI, vs. NYG
32) Zach Ertz | ARI, vs. NYG
33) Isaiah Likely | BAL, @ CIN
34) Michael Mayer | LV, @ BUF
35) Mike Gesicki | NE, vs. MIA
The Top TEs To Start in Week 2
Evan Engram, Jacksonville Jaguars
Engram is in that middle tier of tight end that should be started weekly but never counted on for a matchup-changing performance. I have him ranked as TE5 because I trust him to be running routes in a game I think totals over 50 points.
He caught five balls for 49 yards against the Colts last week, a stat line that he could replicate in this spot (that was just one fantasy point away from ranking as TE4 for the week).
Dallas Goedert, Philadelphia Eagles
I sat on my couch last week while Goedert was on the field for 92.4% of Philadelphia’s offensive snaps, and yet … we remain tied on the NFL receiving leaderboard. Despite being on the field for the entire game, Goedert was able to shake loose for just one target and was a non-factor.
Hurts did a great job spreading the ball around when these two teams played a season ago. Brown, Smith, and Goedert (team-high 82 receiving yards) all caught at least five passes, while Quez Watkins produced the big play (53-yard TD). I’m expecting more of the same.
Savvy fantasy managers know to trust the process and not be impacted by any scar tissue occurring from a single poor performance. Goedert is a top-five TE for me this week, and I’d recommend forgiving him for his Week 1 sins.
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast
Listen to the PFN Fantasy Podcast! Click the embedded player below to listen, or you can find the PFN Fantasy Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and all major podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe and leave us a five-star review! Rather watch instead? Check out the PFN Fantasy Podcast on our Fantasy YouTube channel.