With the NFL season coming to an end, all eyes are now turning towards the top 2022 free agents. With extensions already taking place and a number of players signing with new teams, who are the top free agents left at each position? We will continue to update as NFL teams make moves to bolster their rosters.
The top QBs available in free agency in 2022 are extremely underwhelming.
1. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Washington Commanders
3. Mike Glennon, New York Giants
4. Blake Bortles, New Orleans Saints
5. Josh Rosen, Atlanta Falcons
6. A.J. McCarron, Atlanta Falcons
The 2022 WR class of free agents has been extremely depleted leading into the franchise tag deadline. With some big names staying with their teams and rumors of others singing long-term extensions, are there any viable options left?
1. Odell Beckham Jr., Los Angeles Rams
2. Julio Jones, Tennessee Titans
3. Emmanuel Sanders, Buffalo Bills
4. Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns
5. Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills
6. Will Fuller, Miami Dolphins
7. John Ross, New York Giants
8. Albert Wilson, Miami Dolphins
9. Keelan Cole, New York Jets
10. Adam Humphries, Washington Commanders
How running backs will fare in free agency is always tough to judge. With the position carrying less and less value seemingly every offseason, can any of these free agents command a big contract?
1. Sony Michel, Los Angeles Rams
2. Alex Collins, Seattle Seahawks
3. David Johnson, Houston Texans
4. Darrel Williams, Kansas City Chiefs
5. Devonta Freeman, Baltimore Ravens
Three of the tight ends that were among the top five options set to hit the market have now been franchise tagged. That has impacted the depth of the position, but there is still some intriguing talent potentially available. With Tom Brady officially unretiring, could the top option remain in Tampa Bay for one more Super Bowl run?
1. Rob Gronkowski, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Jared Cook, Los Angeles Chargers
3. Kyle Rudolph, New York Giants
4. Eric Ebron, Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Blake Jarwin, Dallas Cowboys
The top end of the offensive line group this year is loaded with talent. There could be some significant competition for Terron Armstead as the options at the position thin out.
1. Duane Brown, OT, Seattle Seahawks
2. Jason Peters, OT, Chicago Bears
3. Quinton Spain, G, Cincinnati Bengals
4. Billy Price, C, New York Giants
5. Eric Fisher, OT, Indianapolis Colts
6. J.C. Tretter, C, Cleveland Browns
7. Nate Solder, OT, New York Giants
8. Bobby Massie, OT, Denver Broncos
Interior Defensive Line
1. Akiem Hicks, Chicago Bears
2. Linval Joseph, Los Angeles Chargers
3. Sheldon Richardson, Cleveland Browns
4. Malik Jackson, Cleveland Browns
5. Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The edge options available this offseason provided some mouth-watering options. However, the top option remaining now is Jadeveon Clowney by some distance. As this field has thinned out, we are not looking at role players as opposed to sure-fire starting edge rushers.
1. Jadeveon Clowney, Cleveland Browns
2. Justin Houston, Baltimore Ravens
3. Jerry Hughes, Buffalo Bills
4. Melvin Ingram, Kansas City Chiefs
5. Morgan Fox, Carolina Panthers
6. Everson Griffen, Minnesota Vikings
7. Mario Addison, Buffalo Bills
There are a number of intriguing free agent options set to be available at linebacker this offseason. Which of them are the most exciting as we look at what the 2022 offseason might bring.
1. Dont’a Hightower, New England Patriots
2. Kenny Young, Denver Broncos
3. Anthony Hitchens, Kansas City Chiefs
4. Reggie Ragland, New York Giants
5. Alec Ogletree, Chicago Bears
The defensive backs free-agent class is impressive on paper. Names like Stephon Gilmore and Darious Williams will likely sign some big deals in the offseason.
1. Tyrann Mathieu, S, Kansas City Chiefs
2. Bryce Callahan, CB, Denver Broncos
3. A.J. Bouye, CB, Carolina Panthers
4. Chris Harris Jr., CB, Los Angeles Chargers
5. Jaquiski Tartt, S, San Francisco 49ers